Repairs Husqvarna Riding Mower Powers Off When Pull The PTO

KeystoneKid2121

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having a problem with my Husqvarna YTH24V42LS (Kawasaki Engine) riding mower, here is what happens, when I set on it and turn the key it starts right up and idles fine on both Low & Full throttle, the problem I'm having is when I "Pull Out" the PTO to engage the blade the motor shuts right down just like the key is turned off or you get off the seat, But if I turn the key to the Reverse mow position and pull the PTO out the Blade starts and I can mow both forward and backwards.

The locale Husqvarna dealer here in Northwest Florida where I purchased it is backed up with repairs for close to 6 weeks but he told me it may be the seat switch because there are three separate shutdown features built into the seat switch, I found a new after market switch made by Rotory for $12.00 and I changed it out but it is still shutting down when I pull the PTO knob.

I checked all the wiring and it looks good, I then unplugged the safety switches and sprayed them with and electrical cleaner plugged them back in and it did nothing.

I was wondering if the problem could be the key ignition itself since the blade will engage and not shut down when I pull the PTO when the key is in the reverse mow position, but it will shut down when the key is in the Forward mow position.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well you have found the problem.
The reverse safety switch is broken / out of adjustment
They can be right royal buggers to find because the position varies depending upon what type of transmission you have.
Find a parts breakdown & it might show you where it is or at least where to look for it.
Most Husqvarna arts books are a free download from the Husky web site.
If not listed as a stand alone book they will be at the back of the owners manual.
Check the switch before you replace it .
Switchs that are right up the back oft end up with mangled wiring.