Mower
    Poulan

Modifications necessary for Poulan Pro46"

Nothing comes from factory ideal for every consumer. I find myself always making modifications to products I buy. This rider is no different. So far, I've made 4 changes that were needed.

1st was to add a LED flashing light to the rear of the mower so it will be more noticeable while mowing along the highway.

2nd and third are in the picture below. I added toggle clamps on either side of the engine cover, as the terrain I mow was causing the cover to constantly bounce around and flip open. As you can also see, I added a fire extinguisher below the seat.

mower.jpg

Lastly, I placed an industrial zip-tie around the two bolts that are at the left edge of the mower deck to keep them from snagging on my fence. The deck was occasionally catching the fence when I was mowing along it and this quick addition certainly did the trick.

deck.jpg

Anyone else make any modifications to improve your mower?

Mower
    Victa slashers & Push , Rover Rancher II's, Cox ( several ) & White LT120 + GT 200

Re: Modifications necessary for Poulan Pro46"

Fire extinguisher is a very good idea.
    Had quite a few fire rebuilds over the years that a single shot on the burning grass on the deck would have killed .
    On the slightly amusing side, got a customer who does like a drop or two of the amber fluid always has a couple of cans on hand.
    Apparently when given a shake they make good fire extinguishers

Mower
    Poulan

Well, I got the fire extinguisher out of necessity and this story certainly deserves it's own thread...

2,500 Post Club
    Mower
    Murray Select 21 H.P. 46" ( 2004 )

Quote Originally Posted by MyRight View Post
    Nothing comes from factory ideal for every consumer. I find myself always making modifications to products I buy. This rider is no different. So far, I've made 4 changes that were needed.

1st was to add a LED flashing light to the rear of the mower so it will be more noticeable while mowing along the highway.

2nd and third are in the picture below. I added toggle clamps on either side of the engine cover, as the terrain I mow was causing the cover to constantly bounce around and flip open. As you can also see, I added a fire extinguisher below the seat.

mower.jpg

Lastly, I placed an industrial zip-tie around the two bolts that are at the left edge of the mower deck to keep them from snagging on my fence. The deck was occasionally catching the fence when I was mowing along it and this quick addition certainly did the trick.

deck.jpg

I like your mods, pretty nifty, those deck bolts could be a bit shorter and by using some "acorn-nuts" they wouldn't be any problem ....... just my outrageous opinion .. ..

Mower : Murray Select 46 " deck
    Model : 465306X8A
    Serial # : 733781D027
    Date of Mfg. : 2003/12/03

Engine : Briggs & Stratton
    I/C V Twin
    21 H.P.
    Model : 4045A7
    Type : 0211 E1
    Code : 031104YG
    Family YBSXS . 7242VF 22844

2,500 Post Club
    Mower
    Murray Select 21 H.P. 46" ( 2004 )

Quote Originally Posted by MyRight View Post

mower.jpg

deck.jpg

I like your mods, pretty nifty, those deck bolts could be a bit shorter and by using some "acorn-nuts" they wouldn't be any problem ....... just my outrageous opinion .. ..

OH Yeah, if that's water on your machine from washing it... you're shortening it's life span, use a blower or air hose to blow it off, .. then maybe a DAMP rag .. RUST NEVER SLEEPS !!!!

Mower : Murray Select 46 " deck
    Model : 465306X8A
    Serial # : 733781D027
    Date of Mfg. : 2003/12/03

Engine : Briggs & Stratton
    I/C V Twin
    21 H.P.
    Model : 4045A7
    Type : 0211 E1
    Code : 031104YG
    Family YBSXS . 7242VF 22844