Raptor SD 54" Deck Discharge kit.

mhavanti

Threads
Here is the scale up of the soon to be available removable Raptor grass catcher deck filler block off plate. The plate will have either 5 or 6 tabs that a screw will go thru, then thru the deck and into a welded nut on a full tab below the deck. This is for those that have totally removed the reinforcement bar and those that would like to give themselves a bit more safety to help keep posts, legs, etc. out of the open indention above the blade.

This plate is simply a scale up. It is incomplete as far as the bolt on tabs.

Give me your thoughts on the product that I should have ready in the next few days.

Max

DSC00089.jpg

Kremeneon

Threads
Looks good Max!

Now that I have the reinforcement plate kit I might have my neighbor with a welder extend it out like that, both for safety and so I can run with the chute up if I need to and not have clippings flying straight up like a grass volcano.

BoylermanCT

Threads
Nice work Max. You should work in Hustler's product improvement department!

mhavanti

Threads
I received a call from them last Tuesday I think it was. There are going to be changes for the 2019 model Raptors and don't be surprised if you don't see several of my designs on the new model. Just think deck enclosure may change as of August 1st. July 31st is their fiscal year change and design is already in place from the conversation.

There is a conversation about R&D although I would guess that isn't going to happen. Did bring to their attention how much liability they are assuming by advocating folks remove the enforcement bar rather than just removing the upper 3/4 of it without filling in the scallop. They did listen and the new design should fix that they assured me. We'll see.

Worked on the hour gauge only running while engine runs. On a Kawasaki, a walk in the park. There is a couple of items I want to incorporate in the connection therefore, I will wait until I find them to shoot the video.

Now if I can get the manufacturer send pieces to alter and return to them as well as sending mowers to review, you may see some upgrades coming for the X-One!

Max

Kremeneon

Threads
Now if I can get the manufacturer send pieces to alter and return to them as well as sending mowers to review, you may see some upgrades coming for the X-One!

Max

Hey Max, Get me in on that list too if you ever do!

mhavanti

Threads
Kreme,

If it comes to fruition, you can run your butt over to Arkansas and be in on the R&D. Between you, Boyler which has left the fold, and myself, we can design a Raptor that not only can, also will kick the high dollar boy's butts.

I'll already put my RSD against the Fastraks, X-1s and the others as long as we keep the land speed to less than 7.5. If I hadn't driven all over the lawn today spreading vermin killer and the lawn service had driven over it spreading weed killer and fertilize, it looks like a carpet. Little over 3/4 acre in 26 minutes. If I can get the 7.5 mph out of it, I think I beat that. I think it will do it in 22 -24 minutes. That's a whole bunch better than the hour plus it was taking on the ole '96 Yardman All Wheel Steer.

Matter of fact, Kreme, you can run on over tonight and I'll let you get in on the video. I've done the introduction as well as the tools to be used layout. I'll be headed back out to the Garaj Mahal to begin the circuit testing to show where and how to connect to the Kawasaki engine for run only hours and minutes recording. Come on over, we'll put you in front of the lens instead of me.

Max

mhavanti

Threads
Kreme,

Here is a video of the test run I did on the Grass Catcher Scallop Block Off Plate. The material was taken from the last nose piece from my circle track car. It was in need of doing something seriously important, therefore, it is now doing duty as a seemingly indestructible discharge chute. lol

I'm going to run it into some varying items other than the house rear steps. The brick on the steps did NOT like it at all. The new block off plate didn't seem to give a shyte. It rebounded while the brick chipped. Thought I bought really good brick too.

Be sure to watch to the end as there is an announcement about the 500th subscriber milestone give away drawing.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_52qRVIuSjg

Last edited:

Kremeneon

Threads
I dig it Max. I'm not sure if I'm going to install the hustler reinforcement plate now. Or consider asking my neighbor to weld the bar back on, but lowered 3/4 of its thickness so it is below the blade.

Not in the video, but you have mentioned it... Where did you find diode protected alternator output to move the hour meter feed to? or did you add a diode?

mhavanti

Threads
Kreme,

I just cut that video down to an 'Abridged Version' so everyone doesn't have to sit thru that entire thing. You can see my cut down enforcement bar in the video in conjunction with the Deck Scallop Block Off Plate. How you like that for a long arsed name for a piece of plastic? lol

I have a tendency to salvage diodes from large machinery because the Radio Shacks are all gone and I don't want to purchase a hundred or more at a time to get a couple of diodes. Any office machine repair company will give you all the calculator, copier or pretty much any office machine mother boards that have been taken out of machines they repaired. Pick up a few, run home, get out the soldering iron, remove one end of a diode, test it and if good, remove and save it.

That's all you need to make sure power only travels in one direction.

I really like this block off plate. Even with the wind blowing in that video, the cut down on blow-back was well worth the time to design, figure the fastener location for best retention spreading the load of the clippings in heavy grass which mine isn't. The weeds at the fairgrounds are pretty stinking heavy though. Would you mind running by here and shooting a bit of video while I sneak back over there and cut some more 4 foot tall smelly weeds with this block off plate in place?

Max

Kremeneon

Threads
Kreme,
Would you mind running by here and shooting a bit of video while I sneak back over there and cut some more 4 foot tall smelly weeds with this block off plate in place?
Max

I'm not sure where you are but coming from Kentucky I'm 6 hours drive to Memphis and 10 to Texarkana.