silver eagle mcullock 32cc line trimmer

Rage5462

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok so i have sort of started a small business rebuilding and selling small engines.. i'm working on this silver eagle mcullock and I've hit a dead end.. maybe there's something I'm not understanding.. the circuit for the gas goes from fuel filter to the carb then from the carb to the primer ball then back to the tank.. no matter what i do it doesn't pull gas up into the carb!! i actually rebuilt the carb and no difference. i have to be missing something20170730_165955.jpg20170730_165945.jpg20170730_170013.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you pump the primer do you hear it sucking air through the venturi of the carb. I suspect the check valve is stuck open, and you will have fun getting it to seal, that is if you get it to seal. That is the main reason that most of us don't do carb repairs any more on those handheld items.

Rage5462

Forum Newbie
Threads
im actually not sure if it does. now that you mention it sometimes when i prime it it will empty the primed gas out of that little hole in the bottom of the carb. would that be the ventury being stuck open? i replaced all the gaskets and the diaphram and the spring and rocker lifter arm and the pin it lifts.. not sure what else could be causing it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are going to do this sort of work, go to the Walbro site , download their manuals and watch the videos.
Joe Pace did a series "2 stroke diagnosis" watch them all and take notes.
Very important is his approach, where to start how to start & what order to do things in.
This is very important, a systematic approach or you will end up fixing a lot of things that were not broken, till you pulled them apart.
Cost will blow out, customers will not pick up their machines because it is cheaper to buy a new one.
THERE ARE NOT MAGIC SHORTCUTS other than experience and a skilled ear which takes time.

While I have been playing with vintage motorcycles for 40 years so was mechanically competiant, I had done SFA with mowers before I bought the business 4 years ago.
It took better than 2 years before I spent more time with the machine than with the computer.

I can say after watching a lot of EWE Toob crap the 90% of what is there is rubbish posted by ego maniacs with little to no knowledge of what they are doing and even less about teaching. ( I did adult education )
This one is really good on both counts
Donyboy

As it this one who takes the different but well proven humour approach
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Cd9kKYXFakV7ChvU_rjKw

Get some coffee and start watching

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
im actually not sure if it does. now that you mention it sometimes when i prime it it will empty the primed gas out of that little hole in the bottom of the carb. would that be the ventury being stuck open? i replaced all the gaskets and the diaphram and the spring and rocker lifter arm and the pin it lifts.. not sure what else could be causing it.

Can also be caused by reversing the lines on the primer bulb, Trying to push fuel into the carb as opposed to sucking it out.