ECHO CS 310 Chain Saw

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anyone have any input on this chain saw.

Lost a small willow tree to last years drought, & need a small home use chain saw. This one has great independent reviews but always like to see if anyone here has first hand experience.

helomech

Threads
I have a echo chainsaw with the 16" bar, not sure of the model. Got it from my kubota dealer. I am 300 miles from home so I can just go look at it. I love the saw, use it a lot since I own a pine plantation. Never had any issues with it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Appreciate the feedback. :thumbsup: It helps.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
I know this is a month old, but I have that saw’s bigger brother, the CS370. It’s a tough little saw. 36cc engine and 16” bar. The only thing is the usual resetting the carb mixture screws as they are always on the lean side from the factory. One thing that will help is replacing the chain with a 91VXL. I’ve cut up a bunch of 8-10” pine and 20” cherry with mine. Also wore down the chain cutting a bunch of black locust. But this little saw just keeps chewing through it. Just got not rush it and let it pull itself through. But overall I’m happy with it.

L8R,
Matt

Lawn Addict
Threads
Appreciate the input. It's doing well for me, ate up my willow tree that some bad winds knocked down.

Will look into this chain you recommend: One thing that will help is replacing the chain with a 91VXL

AnthemBassMan

Threads

Lawn Addict
Threads
No, mine came with the 16" bar.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's getting to the point that all the chain saws look alike--except Stihl. I have a early 80s Poulan Micro XXV that just won't give up the ghost. If and when it ever does, I'd seriously consider an Echo. I have an Echo string trimmer that's almost as old and still runs good.

36 cc sounds a little low to be running a 16" bar. Keep the chain sharp! If you're seeing sawdust, not chips, coming off of it, you're overdue on sharpening.

AnthemBassMan

Threads

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's getting to the point that all the chain saws look alike--except Stihl. I have a early 80s Poulan Micro XXV that just won't give up the ghost. If and when it ever does, I'd seriously consider an Echo. I have an Echo string trimmer that's almost as old and still runs good.

36 cc sounds a little low to be running a 16" bar. Keep the chain sharp! If you're seeing sawdust, not chips, coming off of it, you're overdue on sharpening.

I looked @ Stihl & it was all plastic, & 1 year warranty. Naw, I have 5 year warranty on the Echo. It is just for around our property. Nothing major. Thanks on the chain tips, I do my own sharpening.
36cc is a bit low for that bar, but I knew that when I got it last year, during year end Dealer sale. I could have had it swapped for the 14" bar. But not what I wanted.
I have been around saws for many years, my friend has a deal with Cracker Barrel to supply their firewood, so I help him when he needs an extra cutter.

Then yours takes the same chain as my CS370. It should be stamped with:
16"
.050"
56DL

https://www.amazon.com/Oregon-91VXL...pID=31ias4hldzL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Here's a shot I took of mine after cutting a bunch of biscuits from an old white pine. I was tuning the carb and just having some fun.
attachment.php

L8R,
Matt

Yes that's what I have. Cutting biscuits is fun, especially when tuning.