The Daily Yardman Thread

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Steel Buildings

Are any of y'all familiar with steel building construction/engineering??

I have questions regarding cutting the horizontal girt and any dangerous side effects...........

I just used a standard circular saw and screwed them in as normal. They are no more than a place to screw down your siding.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I just used a standard circular saw and screwed them in as normal. They are no more than a place to screw down your siding.

That is what I thought.
But, when I asked an engineer at the place who manufactured the building, he practically had a heart attack......
If I cur that girt, the entire building would implode and collapse.............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

That is what I thought.
But, when I asked an engineer at the place who manufactured the building, he practically had a heart attack......
If I cur that girt, the entire building would implode and collapse.............

OH BOY.. I'm callin Code Enforcement, N tellin em to get over there RIGHT NOW... with several Structural Engineers and Metallurgists, I don't want UR building collapsing in on all those sweeties U "entertain" in there... :laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

OH BOY.. I'm callin Code Enforcement, N tellin em to get over there RIGHT NOW... with several Structural Engineers and Metallurgists, I don't want UR building collapsing in on all those sweeties U "entertain" in there... :laughing:..:laughing:

Thanks, as always, for yet another insightful post..........

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Hi Old Silver.......(Buy Old Silver)

I saw an ad in a local publication last week that invited people to purchase silver "bars" for "Only $59.00 each." or $300.00 for 6,
and extolled what a bargain that was.....
The ad didn't specifically list the weight of the bars, but it did show a pic that was stamped "1 Troy ounce."
WOW !! .999 pure silver for "Only $59.00/ounce!"
Silver was tracing on the metals market for $14.58/ounce...................some bargain...

So, I called the # in the ad and asked how much silver one would get for their $59.00. THE LADY DID NOT KNOW !! So, I asked ir it would be 1 bar and she said yes. I said like the one pictured? She again confirmed. So, I told her the bar in the pic was 1 Troy ounce. That is $15.00 worth of silver at today's market price. She said "but it is embossed..." So I asked if that made it worth 4x the value of the metal.She said it did "to some people." I said some people were IDIOTS, and wished her a nice day. GEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Views: 491,228

Total views 1038

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hope UR truck don't have "midriff-bulge" as she does, gettin a lil "chub-bub" ain't she ..?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Well, I wouldn't need to loosen her belt to..........................

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, I wouldn't need to loosen her belt to..........................

I really hadn't considered the fact, she might B constipated, she'd probly go bak 2 "wasp-waist" after a healthy "dump" .. :laughing:..:laughing:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hope UR truck don't have "midriff-bulge" as she does, gettin a lil "chub-bub" ain't she ..?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Put a ring on her finger and watch her grow.