The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I know when somebody is spreading Bull Butter on some toast LMAO ~!~!

AWwwwwww C'mon, .... do you really think I would B/S my good buddies bout Thanksgivin din-din ..?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

G'Mornin Hinder Finder .. c4fd8555ad10559dbbb6ecbd4432bcda--fishnet-lingerie-fashion-plus-sizes.jpg

G'Mornin Ya'll with stuffed guts .. including you Bou .. b6f3ddd8339bcab06a35102fab0cf733 (Medium).jpg

Thought 4 2day .. 534d79669ad0183c810e1de767a086a6.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanksgiving Nov. 22, 2018

Hey y'all, sounds like everybody survived Turkey Day..

We woke up to 5 glorious degrees - above zero - and the 4-6 inches of snow we've had on the ground for the last week. By the time we headed off for Becky's brother's the temperature had soared all the way up to ten degrees, (that's twice as warm as it was when we woke up - right?). The high for the day was just 16 degrees, but it never snowed a flake.. We had 15 people, including four kids, oh and there was a dog too... Small dog, .. small neurotic dog actually. The kids were great, like all kids are today.. Completely unsupervised, doing whatever their joyous little minds thought of doing, sticking their grubby little fingers into all the pies to see which ones they liked the best. Darting here and there sampling bits of baked ham and turkey, before they were served, grabbing handfuls of mixed nuts and throwing them at each other.. They had grand fun.. I thought back to the days when I was a kid and children should be seen and not heard.. I think I actually miss those days.

The dog was enthusiastic about all the excitement.. Whenever new guests would arrive, it would dash about in small circles, barking until the No-Bark collar it was wearing would shock the schitt out of it, and it would run ki-yi-ing into the bedroom to hide under the bed. The kids thought that was great fun and I must admit, that as an electrician, I got a kick out of it too.. It also peed on the floor in a moment of even greater excitement when one of the little girls let out a screech that would have broken my ear drums if I had been wearing MY hearing aids. Oh! And after it ate a plateful of food one of the kids had decided he didn't like and had thrown on the floor, it puked it's guts out, as it's delicate disposition couldn't deal with all the turkey and stuffing, potatoes and gravy, squash and - - and whatever the hell goes with squash. One lady brought Brussel sprouts.. Brussel sprouts mind you! I have no idea what in hell she had in mind, maybe she wanted to make everybody puke!

Anyway, it was a day to remember and hopefully I will and then I'll have more sense next year and stay home..

Somebody actually said I was just a crotchety old man! Can you imagine that?

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Did a lil on-line Black-Friday shoppin last nite ...... bought a new HP printer ($49.00).. saved $80.00 N bought a Roku Ultra for streaming TV (also $49.00)..saved $50.00 I really wanted a color Laser printer but they're still outa my cheap-arse price range, I've got 3, (yep 3) HP C7280 printers, 1 for parts, N 2 that decided to take a dump on me ! I need to disassemble and O/H the printheads, (hopefully THAT will solve the problem with those)..( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LMRLWqh_RQ&t=3s ).. similar model printer with 6 cartridges ..( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwQsFBvXJ_A ) what a pain in the arse :mad: I use a printer daily so that's why I bought another, till I can make time to fix the others or save enough for a Laser model, OH YEAH .. the wifey is ready to call the Looney-Bin and send me Bye-Bye ( LOL ) N since I don't know Jack-Squat about streaming TV and electronics, that's gonna be a research project, but as I said awhile back, I'm tired of the $155.00 cable bill for a BASIC channel line-up, & 70 mbps Internet. SCREW YOU Spectrum !! ... AHhhh yes projects, projects, projects, Sometimes I HATE.. bein a DIYer .. :mad:..:laughing: Do Ya'll think I've ..Lost-It .. ?? ..:confused2:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

We actually took part in Black Friday Madness....We were in line at Academy at 0455 for the 0500 opening.
Quite a lengthy line!! We got in and purchased the desired Oklahoma Joe's Smoker.
We were one of 2 people doing so right off the bay.
They only had 4 after our purchases, so, probably good we got there first thing!
Paid, loaded and on the road by 0512. WHEW !!!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

We actually took part in Black Friday Madness....We were in line at Academy at 0455 for the 0500 opening.
Quite a lengthy line!! We got in and purchased the desired Oklahoma Joe's Smoker.
We were one of 2 people doing so right off the bay.
They only had 4 after our purchases, so, probably good we got there first thing!
Paid, loaded and on the road by 0512. WHEW !!!

NEVER

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I KNEW that was YOU that I DIDN'T see there, Chuck!

Well, a prior neighbor from West by God Virginia said something like "No fun, no foolishness."
I was originally going to go at about 0700 or so, but I am glad we did not wait!

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Damn good thing you don't go Chuck, that compulsion you have to pinch the butts of pretty girls would probably get you in deep schitt !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads

Did a lil on-line Black-Friday shoppin last nite saved $80.00 N bought a Roku Ultra for streaming TV (also $49.00)..saved $50.00 I) N since I don't know Jack-Squat about streaming TV and electronics, that's gonna be a research project, but as I said awhile back, I'm tired of the $155.00 cable bill for a BASIC channel line-up, & 70 mbps Internet. SCREW YOU Spectrum !! ... AHhhh yes projects, projects, projects, Sometimes I HATE.. bein a DIYer .. :mad:..:laughing: Do Ya'll think I've ..Lost-It .. ?? ..:confused2:

We got into the Roku deal a while back. Local cable went all digital and the back room TVs were direct connected to the cable, no worky. That Roku is pretty neat once you get used to it. Do need the high speed wifi net. Can't actually direct input a channel, have to go to the guide and select. Can get a Spectrum or Direct app for reasonable money, and there are quite a few networks with their own app, many are free. Superb picture on most. Took a while for the wife to quit complaining though. And I can get 20+ channels on antenna that are pretty decent too, I watch that probably more than the cable these days.