Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

G' Mornin Hinder Finder .. 5335a7bb57ef01466b69c7.73208739-AR_1.05113_.jpg

G' Mornin Gang .. image_21.jpeg

Thought 4 2day .. 615e109e765d6fb723431b902f0974de.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Crafteman Lifetime Tool Warranty

Well then let me give a little more detail. It was the drills and impact drivers draining the batteries. I got most of my tools stolen off my work cart in the hallway by homeless that come in to warm up. We do not allow it but it still happens. When I replaced the tools my batteries last twice as long, for now. The old tools were not over 2 years old. Now I also have borrowed tools for big jobs thinking I did not want to stop in the middle of the job to charge a battery. Used the Dewalt for 15 minutes and a dead battery. Put on the charger and started using the Makita. 45 minutes later it is still on the first battery and going strong. I just do not like the way Dewalt work. Lots of people use the Dewalts because that is what is purchased(like my boss). I purchase after I research a product and hope I am correct. My boss will never change because he has invested so much it would cost him thousands to replace what he has. I am looking at the new Makita because it is brushless. It cost a pretty penny but the reviews (4 stars to 2 stars I do not take much merit in the 5 or 1 stars because stupid people and Marketing companies) are good.

Chuck,

I agree again! Especially about the 'star rating system'.. You have no idea who is making those posts. If they were all made by guys in the field (like you) who are actually using the tools then they would be worth something, but when you consider they could be Ron or Boo rating All Season Tires for winter usage, then you quickly realize they are pretty much useless. (And Ron and Boo, I realize you both have experience with real winter, I just used you as examples because of where you currently live!)

I will however, stand behind Milwaukee tools. I think I started buying Milwaukee around 1980, when I noticed a plumber friend using a Milwaukee drill and how well it worked. I actually have a Milwaukee Sawzall from that period that still works! It must have thousands of hours on it by now and have sawed it's way through miles of different materials. Of course now that I (and it) have retired, we don't work as hard as we used to, but I think we've both earned that..

We had a Milwaukee Bandsaw and a Hilti Rotary Hammer stolen out of one of the vans once and then we had the shop broken into and they stole all kinds of tools, a generator and a pickup truck! They used the truck to transport all the tools! We got the truck back (they actually left it parked with the keys on the floor boards) and eventually they caught the guy when he tried to fence all the stuff with our company name stamped into the tools. (Dumb Arse!)

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Rusr removal

I wonder if using a rust remover solvent in my ultrasonic cleaner would increase the effectiveness or reduce the soak time.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I love my ultrasonic cleaner. I use it to clean once fired brass that I pick up from sand pits and other locations where people shoot. I use water and vinegar with just a drop or two of HE laundry detergent heat it up to 140 degrees and viola! Clean brass, ready to reload.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Lawn World - Unsafe to open???

Rog,
Tried to get on yesterday and my security program said the "certificate" was out of date or something like that for the site. It has happened to me before on some other sites. Glad to see it is back up and running and that everyone is getting along so well. ;-)

Tom

You know Tom, even though I'm sure you said that with "tongue in cheek", actually you're right! Everybody that bothers to post on this thread DOES get along well. I mean we poke fun at each other, but in reality we're all pretty much on the same page, even Ron and Boo work well together when they aren't slinging arrows at each other..

I suppose all having common interests helps.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

My PC said my clock was ahead of time ......... I got on with my G-Pad and it said Security issue so I went to advance setting and got in on unsafe mode..... The forum showed up but nothing new on it and couldn't post anything about the issue..... I did get with Catherine and she shot me a link to get with her in case this happens again......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Boux,

Are you still having to get on-line at your local McDonalds, or have to rectified that situation? Just wondering..

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

You know Tom, even though I'm sure you said that with "tongue in cheek", actually you're right! Everybody that bothers to post on this thread DOES get along well. I mean we poke fun at each other, but in reality we're all pretty much on the same page, even Ron and Boo work well together when they aren't slinging arrows at each other..

I suppose all having common interests helps.

Rog

You're right on target Goomba, the guys on THIS thread, are all tight with each other, sure we bust each others ......... but it's all in fun, and no matter what, we stand with each other when needed, I consider each of the guys as my brother, and I'm proud to do so, I hope this continues till doomsday..... but, if Ron don't quit bustin MY ......... HIS doomsday is closer than he thinks !!! .. :thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Threads

Boux,

Are you still having to get on-line at your local McDonalds, or have to rectified that situation? Just wondering..

Rog

I got my internet back about 3 weeks after I had Spectrum disconnect... It took a lilwhile for AT&T to get to me and connect me ........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

2 for the price of 1 ....... That's not a mirror between them two .....

That was a "SPECIAL" for Hinder, he be likin them "Plus-Size" sweeties, he's a BIG guy and don't wanna hurt those "bite-size" babes !! ..:laughing:..:laughing: