Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

G' Mornin Hinder Finder .. tumblr_ohdi1osmMg1vnz5vvo1_640.jpg

G' Mornin Guys .. cd41d9bb590d641a025d54fd567ad365.jpg

Thought 4 2day .. 81de3331dbe5673c57d6c8f96940e205.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Crafteman Lifetime Tool Warranty

Goomba, IMHO DeWalt flat out sucks ( on their Battery tools) corded models = A1 .. I gave my BIL every DeWalt battery tool I had, about 6 of them, batteries don't last for schitt and the Xtra power batts. are pushin at $100.00 ea. B/S on that .. wifey bought me a Rigid Combo set (Drill & Driver) 3 years ago, (birthday gift) LIFETIME warranty on the BATTERIES, never any issues to this day, greatest battery tools I ever set hands on.. the only catch is if you have a problem with a battery, you have to send the whole kit back to Ridgid, both drill & Driver, and the charger, with both batteries, zipper case, is optional, (done through Home Depot) BUT the manager I spoke with, said they just take your "kit" ( must have tools REGISTERED & receipt) and they just replace it on the spot, with NEW lifetime battery warranty included .. KICK ARSE !! ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

OY VAAAAAY ... suuuuch a deeeeellll

Boo,

My DeWalt 18V battery drill I've owned for around four years. One of the two original batteries died, but one still works. I ordered a couple replacements and I've always been happy with it. I had a Porter Cable battery drill that I got rid of because the batteries didn't last.

Rigid tools are made by Emerson (the old radio company - I suspect some offshore outfit just bought the name) and they are sold exclusively through Home Depot. I have a Rigid double tank air compressor that I use for everything, (including my sand blasting cabinet - which it does not provide enough CFM to operate full time) but it has been a good machine, all the same..

The first battery drills that Milwaukee came out with were junk too! When Milwaukee redesigned them, I got the first three new ones to enter the state of Maine! I was buddies with the local Milwaukee rep and he was well aware of how I felt about the first batch of their battery drills we'd bought. The new ones were great! Metal housings and everything, they were rugged!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Both Milwaukee and Makita beat the pants off Dewalt. Not to mention in a head to head test of the impact drive they both broke the Dewalt.

Now remember before Dewalt was purchased by Black n Decker it was a good tool.

Chuck,

I own one Makita tool, a 120 VAC hammer drill I bought for a job I needed one for. It was after I'd retired and I didn't have a hammer drill of my own. I always heard that Makita drills and their other tools used sintered bronze bushings instead of actual ball or needle bearings and therefore, I had never bought any of their tools before. I have not used the Makita hammer drill enough to truly evaluate it.

I watch a lot of TV shows where tools of various types are utilized and I notice that DeWalt battery drills seem to be the ones that are prevalently used. These are companies that could buy any tool they wanted (like million dollar "Festools") but they don't seem to. Take "Barnwood Builders" for example. They drive hundreds and hundreds of those long, 5/16" diameter "Log screws" or "Construction lags" and they all seem to use DeWalt hammer drivers..

If my new hammer driver breaks, I'll let you know..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Skipper,

Everything I have read or been told indicates that arthroscopic knee surgery is a guarantee that knee replacement will be imminent.
As such, I am resisting that procedure with all my being.
The initial round of shots lasted me a year.........til I decided to shovel 7 yards of dirt.
I won't do any shovel kickin' with my right leg in the future!

You hang in there!

Ron,

I would guess if those shots gave you a year of relief, then your knees must be in better shape than mine.. When I got the shots they lasted almost exactly two months in one knee and three days in the other... I chose arthroscopic surgery as the lesser of two evils, compared to total joint replacement... (Which would have laid me up longer.) - I don't do well sitting around, although I must admit that I am getting much better at it! LOL

You are smart not to wait and do nothing, that is what I did and that is the reason that the arthroscopic surgery has been minimally successful.. If your meniscus is badly damaged, then certainly total joint replacement is inevitable However, if your pain can be reduced by simple arthroscopic surgery (it isn't a big deal - as far a surgeries go) then I would certainly suggest it. You ought to at least speak to a surgeon, (understanding of course, that it's like asking a painter if he thinks your house needs painting!) I was told up front that if I wasn't just whining about my knee pain and if the X-Rays and MRI's were accurate, then my chances at real pain relief via arthroscopic surgery, were slim to none.. I still thought it would be worth a try. I don't know what the long term outcome will be, but now I have almost no pain when just sitting still or sleeping and that alone is a great relief.. Whether or not I'll be able to keep up with Boo-Boo at the flea markets, I don't know yet, time alone will tell.. Fortunately we look for different things, so I don't need to worry he'll be grabbing a deal before I can get to it!!

Rog

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Try leaving a rusty socket in a container of WHITE Vinegar for an hour .. it works !!

Tried that as you suggested.
1hr later, virtually no visible rust removal.
After 4hrs, I removed and wiped the sockets down.
There was some improvement on the chromed outside, but not much inside where the finish is rougher.

To be clear, I used white vinegar (in a plastic jug with a label,) which was purchased at a grocery store
It smelled like vinegar.......

NOT clear stuff purchased in un-labeled mason jars purchased from a coverall wearin' (one strap hangin' loose)
bearded guy from the depths of the Ocala National Forest.........
THAT stuff will rot EVERYTHING... (even the mason jar if you leave it sit in there long enough...)

Gonna try some Krud Kutter Must for Rust if Wallyworld has it.