The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I did my SCUBA training at New London and watched some of the training. I don't have a thing about being underwater but I don't think I could "do" boats.
Tom

Tom,

OK, that comment requires some additional detail.. I 'thought you were a Texas boy.. What on earth (and with what group) did you take a SCUBA course in NLON with? (PM is fine..) I don't recall the Marines having a facility there..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I second that. This is no different to me than going to an ART gallery.

Chuck,

"Art" galleries today are all 'modern' art, no talent, and no art.. The stuff that gets posted here beats the hell outta that!! (IMHO)

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

That's not MY thing, ..... speak to one of the guys that were in the "boats" .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Hey Boo, don't knock it if you haven't tried it! LOL

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Crafteman Lifetime Tool Warranty

when I go got my last rooster comb shot.........

Have those worked for you? (What joint - knees?) I got 'them' once in both knees. (Actually whatever they 'shot' in there was a combination of three different 'things' and had nothing to do with roosters.) It didn't do anything for my right knee and lasted almost exactly two months on my left knee.

I got a bad report yesterday at my 2-week surgery follow-up. They rate knee joints 1 to 4. . . . 1 is a top notch joint, 4 = destroyed. Both of mine were rated 3-4 at all locations.. I'm screwed.. No more chasing young women, that's for sure.. Total joint replacement is next I guess..

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Have those worked for you? (What joint - knees?) I got 'them' once in both knees. (Actually whatever they 'shot' in there was a combination of three different 'things' and had nothing to do with roosters.) It didn't do anything for my right knee and lasted almost exactly two months on my left knee.

I got a bad report yesterday at my 2-week surgery follow-up. They rate knee joints 1 to 4. . . . 1 is a top notch joint, 4 = destroyed. Both of mine were rated 3-4 at all locations.. I'm screwed.. No more chasing young women, that's for sure.. Total joint replacement is next I guess..

GEEEEZZZZ Goomba, U musta been a real $#@&)&!@#$% and a &^%$#@+#$@#$ too sometime in UR past, Karma seems to be kickin U in the arse every time U turn aroun, I hope U changed UR ways .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Skipper,
I'm real sorry to hear about your knees.
I am not enthused about the prospect of a knee replacement, but it may be imminent.

Boux and Skipper,
I had the first round of injections in my right knee last October.
First, a lidocane and cortisone injection, which worked great for about 2 days.
Then, 3 "rooster comb" injections a week apart.
After 2 or 3 weeks, they helped a bunch!
I was even able to ride my bike some.
All was pretty good til I shoveled some dirt back in October.
I used my right foot/leg to kick the shovel. BIG mistake.
Knee threw a fit!

So, back to the orthopedic doc again.
Had the lido/cort shot last month.
Once the RC shots were approved, I started on them.
Second one was yesterday.

I'm hoping for as good a result as I had the first round.
I just won't be kicking any shovels with my right foot again..............

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Johnny Best went to Lowes the a few days ago to look for a individual socket for his impact gun ....... It was a no go ....

Maybe that's why Lowe's won't trade a broken socket or wrench .... All they have are the sets of tools.... So we gonna keep an eye out for a Mac truck and flag him down ...... You came out like a big dog on a credit card for a replacement .......Watch out for those Philippino gals.. They love Americans.......LOL....

Btw Missy get's those Rooster Comb shots in her knee 2 times a year ........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~~!~!

That set vs individual thing is what the less than pleasant guy at Kmart told me yesterday.
Just sounds like a convenient out to me..............

I'm gonna wait to see the quality (or lack thereof) of the ratchets I receive from Ace nest week
before deciding what to do with the rest of my ratchets whose quick releases have quit holding capabilities............

Au rivoir, mon Ami.