Quantum XM35 carb mixture screw question

Horace

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, just joined this forum as I have an issue with my carb and hope someone can help; im from London UK. I have an older type Quantum XM35, the one with a manual choke and metal air filter housing (it does not have a primer bulb). Anyhow I usually see the newer Quantum engines so not sure how many turns out I need to set the (mixture?) screw which is located just above the carb. The screw im talking about is not the idle screw or the one that adjusts the linkage setup, it goes straight into the carb so I expect its some kind of mixture screw; anyhow if anyone knows how many turns out that would be great. Thanks all

H

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Screw out 1 1/2 turns then test run and adjust from there.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, would a incorrectly adjusted mixture screw cause hunting/surging ?

More than likely a good carb clean would be better but you could try it to see if it makes any difference.
Adjust 1/4 at a time.

Horace

Forum Newbie
Threads
More than likely a good carb clean would be better but you could try it to see if it makes any difference.
Adjust 1/4 at a time.

Cleaned the car twice, checked the rubber ring is in place where the carb meets the engine, put in new gasket where air filter housing meets carb, replaced fuel line, and the governor springs look okay. Got me a bit stumped this one. I have not yet checked it since replacing fuelline and making adjustments to mixture screw, find out tomorrow. Thanks for the response.