Hit bump; lost power

LittleWing

Forum Newbie
Threads
My trusty Toro/B&S 6.75 190cc has never given me any issues, so I created a problem. I hit a hole that my dog has been working on and I think the blade probably took a good chunk of turf with it. After pushing out of the hole, the engine immediately started to slow and eventually died. I can restart it, but it has almost no power.

After more than a few curse words and some haphazard Google searches, I decided that I needed to replace the flywheel key. After disassembling the flywheel and finding the key intact, it became clear that I had guessed incorrectly. So that brings me here.

To recap: Everything was running great, I hit a bump, and the engine lost juice. Your questions, comments and slanderous remarks are appreciated, but I really need your help. Thanks!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is it possible that you bumped the throttle control on the front of the engine and bent the tab that has the governor spring connected to it. Or some other governor issue.

It could be just as possible that the bump knocked a piece of debris loose inside the carb and then it stopped up the fuel jet.

LittleWing

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is it possible that you bumped the throttle control on the front of the engine and bent the tab that has the governor spring connected to it. Or some other governor issue.

It could be just as possible that the bump knocked a piece of debris loose inside the carb and then it stopped up the fuel jet.

Thanks for this!

I took a look at the pneumatic governor and it looks like the air vane might have gotten wedged inside of the choke thermo arm and wasn't moving freely. Does that sound like a possibility?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
anything is possible jarring can cause weird things