Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro 18 HP Kohler 42 inch deck...Opinions please

Bobbed06

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro 18 HP Kohler 42 inch deck...Opinions please
I am in the market for a new riding mower. I have only owned 2 riding tractors before and they were/are both powered by the Briggs and Stratton 17.5 HP IC engine. I have had great luck with these mowers, but it seems its getting hard to find a mower that still uses this engine.I think the John Deer 105 has a rebranded 17.5 HP Briggs engine but couldnt tell for sure when I looked at them. So, while I was looking at mowers at Home Depot I noticed the Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro 42 inch. I jumped on and man that mower is comfy compared to my current Troy Bilt Pony, and the JD 105 I was looking at. It just fits me at 6ft tall. It looks much nicer than the JD 105 and is the same price. It seems some people dislike the 18hp Kohler engine?? Yet the home depot reviews seem great, and even some you tube reviewers that used this model for commercial use. Should I avoid the 18hp Kohler and go with the 46 inch XT1 with the 22 HP V Twin Kohler engine?

Thank you for your time.

stompy0375

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased the XT2 42 inch deck with the Kohler 22 hp engine over the XT! with the smaller hp engine.
It is a great mower, I did try the XT! but just felt more comfortable with the upgrade.

Bobbed06

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased the XT2 42 inch deck with the Kohler 22 hp engine over the XT! with the smaller hp engine.
It is a great mower, I did try the XT! but just felt more comfortable with the upgrade.

Although I havent considered the XT2, I have been considering the XT1 with 46 inch Deck, and 22 HP Kohler V Twin. I will have a look at the XT2 and see what the differences are. I stopped at a Tractor Supply and looked at the XT1 line again. I really like these mowers.

OK, I looked at the XT1 42 18HP, the XT2 42 22HP, and the XT1 46 22HP......They all are identical, except the engines. I am still leaning toward the XT1 42 18HP Kohler or the XT1 22HP Kohler with the 18 HP version leading. My current mower is 17.5HP and has never needed more power, in fact I run it at low rpm most of the time. I also have a 42 inch deck currently, and never felt the need to go any larger.

Last edited:

desertrat

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are correct that there is very little difference between the XT1 and The XT2. I picked up an XT2 42" today, I chose it because of the 2 cylinder engine which should be quite a bit smoother than the 1 cylinder in the XT1 42" I needed to stay with a 42" deck due to gates and the layout of my yard. I haven't had a chance to use it much yet but I think I am going to be very happy with it.