How to adjust the mixture on a 5239?

franchi

Threads
Hi All:

I need help in adjusting the carb mixture on my 5239 engine. I can get a clean exhaust with very little smoke or I can richen the mixture to where I get a smoky exhaust but it will start first pull hot or cold. What can I do to get easy starting without the rich smoky exhaust?

Tia,

Franchi

franchi

Threads
Hello Mark:

Thanks for the information. However, I can not download the site. I get a notice that that I have to agree to some site's conditions with a password etc. Even if I do agree to their terms, I can not get the site to appear on my computer.

Be well,

Franchi

Lawnboy77

Threads
Those carbs start with the large thumbwheel 2 turns out, or counterclockwise and the small thumbwheel (low speed knob) about 1 turn out (counterclockwise). Crank the mower and let it warm up for 5 mins. or so, then run the large thumbwheel in slowly (clockwise) until it starts to stumble, then back it off a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. The small one (low speed knob) can then be adjusted if needed for a smoother low speed if desired, usually the low speed knob will be good at 1 turn out. If you happen to have a single speed carb installed the procedures are going to be the same, just ignore anything relating to the low speed knob.