HELP ME! Yth2148 rpm drops when you turn blades on!

Tabletop844

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just serviced my mower a couple days ago. i replaced with all oem parts, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, blades, belts & oil change.

It runs great all around when the blades are off but when i turn the blades on the rpm drops and hardly cuts my grass and when i noticed it i pressed in the clutch pedal and i hear the blades pick up to proper speed to cut grass but when i release the pedal the rpm drops again!

i have also noticed every once in a blue moon the mower with slowly creep forward or backwards when not in gear!

Please if anyone can help or had the same issue please help me!

Thank you

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lots of this in the forum.The enrichment circuit in the carb is not working properly. The fuel mix must approach 14:1 for the engine to run properly. When the throttle butterfly is opened a lean-out condition is created which will not support power demand or even running at no load. The carburetor has a puddle of gas (float bowl) which can pass heavily or lightly into the intake stream depending upon demand (governor sensing load). But if the tiny passage holes are dirty or plugged not enough gas can be admitted so hand choking forces more gas into the stream. But this is over rich and will not develop power when the engine is hot, only foul the plugs and wash oil off the cyl walls, causing you more problems. Use the search function to learn how to clean out the little holes in the carb. IMO
In other words clean the carb

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Drop the deck belt and check every pulley spins freely and quietly.
Spin the blades and check the same
check under the blades for things wrapped around the blade spindle.

If it has an electric blade clutch, engage the clutch without the blade belt on.
If the engine slows down then there is too much electrical load and the clutch or clutch wiring is faulty.