Need 50" Plus Cut Riding Mower - Buy A Cub Cadet or John Deere or Husky ???

XPDeus

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Need 50" Plus Cut Riding Mower - Buy A Cub Cadet or John Deere or Husky ???
Hi, New forum member here and I need your help !
I wanted to ask your opinions on what brand on riding mower would be the best for our property.

We have approx. 3 to 4 acres of grass here on the farm that needs to be cut about every two weeks during the growing season.
Some of this grass areas are flat but most of it is on moderately steep hills.

Because of this larger area we have to mow - I'm thinking something with a 52" to 54" cut would be nice.
I've read about the transmission / axle problems with the larger Husqvarna's - the belt's and pulleys problems on the larger Cub Cadet's, etc.

So here's my question - What mfg. puts out best built / most durable riding mower with a 50" + deck in the $3k range ???

Thanks in advance for your replies !

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wanted to ask your opinions on what brand on riding mower would be the best for our property.

We have approx. 3 to 4 acres of grass here on the farm that needs to be cut about every two weeks during the growing season.

Because of this larger area we have to mow - I'm thinking something with a 52" to 54" cut would be nice.
I've read about the transmission / axle problems with the larger Husqvarna's - the belt's and pulleys problems on the larger Cub Cadet's, etc.

So here's my question - What mfg. puts out best built / most durable riding mower with a 50" + deck in the $3k range ???

Best built/most durable for 3k? :smile: I'd have to go with the Hustler Raptor. For 3K your not going to get much. If your talking lawn tractors I'd go CC

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

I would look into a used commercial zero turn mower. 4 acres will take several hours to mow with a 54" lawn tractor. Been there.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Being on the repair side of mowers and if I was going to buy a new riding mower it would be a Simplicity.