Small time...

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
U are speaking my language, everything you said makes perfect sense and exactly what I thought about in the first place.

I really didn't want to start a account for equipment but it makes sense just have a small bucket is primarily for upgrading equipment and when it breaks go from there.

I have to disagree with the account thing, not having the account is crazy. I mean really why would you want to try and save money to buy equipment when you have company's like Toro, Hustler and others that have set up interest free loans for 48 months and have give people the opportunity to start businesses at no cost. You can buy an $8 or $9000 mower interest free and pay 150 to 200 a month for a mower that can make you $3 or $4000 dollars a month. The mower pays for itself.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric the title of the thread is "small time" not big time. Staying small is the idea behind this thread. Having a payment for years is not staying small.

My_guy99

Threads
Ric the title of the thread is "small time" not big time. Staying small is the idea behind this thread. Having a payment for years is not staying small.

You hit the nail on the head, I don't want to do a bunch of clients but I do want to get it done and move on to the next client or home if I'm done for the day! It's just me so I can't knock out 15 or 20 a day, 5 and I'm good for a weekend! That's 2 commercial with 3 residential that I do weekly now and have others I do during the week when I have time!

My_guy99

Threads
I have to disagree with the account thing, not having the account is crazy. I mean really why would you want to try and save money to buy equipment when you have company's like Toro, Hustler and others that have set up interest free loans for 48 months and have give people the opportunity to start businesses at no cost. You can buy an $8 or $9000 mower interest free and pay 150 to 200 a month for a mower that can make you $3 or $4000 dollars a month. The mower pays for itself.

Ric I'm the small guy that u big bigs like to crush, I'm trying to get a bit of the pie too if I may!!???

I'm debt free but the house at the moment so I can go buy a new mower with cash if I dig in my personal account but I separate my money; business and my full time time! I'm thankful that I do have a job I love that I can make over 4K a week and that's bring home... Then turn around an do This as a hustle

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are making that sort of money at your full time job and are debt free then , get a hobby or do some charity work
There are lots of charity groups who care for dissabled , pennsioner, TIP veterans and the like so if mowing lawns is what you like to do they will welcome you with open arms.

My_guy99

Threads
If you are making that sort of money at your full time job and are debt free then , get a hobby or do some charity work
this is a hobby as well as my motorcycle and working on my cars lets c also woodworking! I stay busy with something

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

What does small time mean? Does it mean you run garbage for equipment, lack the knowledge to do things the right way and screw up the guy who is trying to make a Living at lawncare? Does it mean you are the Hack wants his beer money for the week and don't have the proper license, don't keep books and don't pay taxes at the end of the year......Really what is the definition of the small time business owner VS the big time LCO

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The equipment that ric calls garbage. Like the timecutter is the number one mower used by people that do property preservation ( foreclosed homes)
Why? Because of price and they handle the abuse. The drives last longer then a pump and Motor set up.
I have a 06,07 and a 2011 all 3 with over 2000 hours carrying my 250 pounds up and down hills. Cutting 4 foot weeds. Bricks, rocks, axe heads. And many other things you can not see in yards.
Buddy of mine runs 11 of them full time.
At $3000 it pays for it self in one week.
I really do not see how people can comment about a mower they have not used.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What can the $10.000 mower do that the $3000 mower can not do?
Don't say last longer. I already know that's not true.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The equipment that ric calls garbage. Like the timecutter is the number one mower used by people that do property preservation ( foreclosed homes)
Why? Because of price and they handle the abuse. The drives last longer then a pump and Motor set up.
I have a 06,07 and a 2011 all 3 with over 2000 hours carrying my 250 pounds up and down hills. Cutting 4 foot weeds. Bricks, rocks, axe heads. And many other things you can not see in yards.
Buddy of mine runs 11 of them full time.
At $3000 it pays for it self in one week.
I really do not see how people can comment about a mower they have not used.

Ya Know I really have know doubt that the Timecutter is the number one mower used by the homeowner and the has the number one selling drive on the market in the EZT but the reason the drive is the number one selling drive on the market doesn't make it a good drive, it's just the cheapest and used on every low budget home owner ztr mower that sold in every BBS in the world and purchased by the homeowner. I mean really how many ztr mowers does HD, Lowes, Tractor Supply, Ace Hardware and even Badcock's sell in a day compared to your local dealer down town.

I can understand using a Timecutter on foreclosure homes that makes perfect sense to me, If I was cutting 4 foot weeds, running over bricks, rocks, axe heads and what ever and didn't care what things look like when I was done the timecutter is a good choice to screw up although a cheap lawn tractor would be a little cheaper to replace. OTOH I'd also use a commercial mower to do lawns that need to be left with a manicured look.

It's really funny with you talking about how many hours you have on the drives and at the same time there's a thread on here about an EZT rebuild at 90 hrs because theirs stop working.