john deere 115 wont start

hank hank

Forum Newbie
Threads
john deere115lawn tractor blade hit object now no gas to carb. flywheel key intact. installed new coil, spark plug, air and gas filter. starter working fine. engine cranks but no gas to gas pump. please help

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
john deere115lawn tractor blade hit object now no gas to carb. flywheel key intact. installed new coil, spark plug, air and gas filter. starter working fine. engine cranks but no gas to gas pump. please help

Is the a fuel shutoff solenoid on the bottom of the carb bowl?

hank hank

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am a total novice and have no idea what a fuel shutoff solenoid on the carb looks like. would you mind explaining how I can determine if my john deere 115 has one, or where to look for it?

hank hank

Forum Newbie
Threads

thanks shiftsuper, Tried earlier to respond but I screwed it up, still learning. went online and saw the fuel shutoff solenoid but i am not getting fuel to the carb.

lugnut1

Threads
just out of curiosity
did the engine stop same time you hit object?

hank hank

Forum Newbie
Threads
just out of curiosity
did the engine stop same time you hit object?

Thanks lugnut, no, it did not stop after the blade hit the curb and bent the blade which then hit the deck. after disengaging the blade I drove the tractor to the rear of the house. I was not smart enough to check the deck and blade. so I tried to restart and got a heard from the blade hitting the deck. the blade hit the deck with such force that the body of the tractor shook slightly it was then that i finally realized that the blade was hitting the deck. but after changing the blade the tractor would crank but no gas was going into the carb. with help I took of the flywheel and the flywheel key was ok. I followed instructions that came with the coil on installing it. it did no mention timing or matching marks on flywheel with marks on the engine. but I don't think that it calls for timing. even so wouldnt I still get gas. I already put a new fuel pump on. I hope you can hang in there with me I am desperate and got no money for a repair shop. my grass starting to be a jungle

hank hank

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks lugnut, no, it did not stop after the blade hit the curb and bent the blade which then hit the deck. after disengaging the blade I drove the tractor to the rear of the house. I was not smart enough to check the deck and blade. so I tried to restart and got a heard from the blade hitting the deck. the blade hit the deck with such force that the body of the tractor shook slightly it was then that i finally realized that the blade was hitting the deck. but after changing the blade the tractor would crank but no gas was going into the carb. with help I took of the flywheel and the flywheel key was ok. I followed instructions that came with the coil on installing it. it did no mention timing or matching marks on flywheel with marks on the engine. but I don't think that it calls for timing. even so wouldnt I still get gas. I already put a new fuel pump on. I hope you can hang in there with me I am desperate and got no money for a repair shop. my grass starting to be a jungle
the third line should have said I tried to restart and heard a noise from the blade hitting the deck.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your fuel line may be full of air. Do you have a gas tank above the carb level or under the seat area?

For an under seat type...
When I replaced all lines and fuel filter and pump...I unhooked fuel line after the pump and ran a temporary line in a bucket.
I gently blew air from my air gun into the gas tank opening using a rag and my hand to provide somewhat of a seal...blew gas threw line into the bucket...hooked the line back up and away I went.

Make sure your fuel pump is connected properly.

lugnut1

Threads
the third line should have said I tried to restart and heard a noise from the blade hitting the deck.

not sure im reading this right
but I don't believe the tractor is supposed to start with the blades engaged.

KrashnKraka

Threads
thanks shiftsuper, Tried earlier to respond but I screwed it up, still learning. went online and saw the fuel shutoff solenoid but i am not getting fuel to the carb.

'Hearing' you I am gunna drag this one back to a practical level, leaving aside the usual
fault find chase.
The instructions for fitting the new coil? They describe disconnecting
wiring, unbolting the coil (two bolts, yeh?), fitting the new coil, using a
spacer/shim between the coil face and flywheel, and reconnecting wiring. Right?

Now, in any of that, any removal of covers etcetera... is it possible to have disturbed
another adjacent wiring loom, or connecter body? Check all in the vacinity of the work area
for tight, anything even remotely disturbed, unplug the connector, give it a rough clean
using a small paintbrush and some "metho" and reconnect.
Look carefully and use a torchlight.

Trust that helps some.

KK