ariens zoom 50 or gravely twin...how good is the cut?

kraky

Threads
  • / ariens zoom 50 or gravely twin...how good is the cut?
Trying to decide if i should buy one that's in stock at the local dealer or order a 2016 Ikon 52 w/Fab deck for next yr. I don't have a huge lawn and the zoom would hold up but the ikon looks alot heavier duty and roomier for not alot more money. I'm pretty fussy about the look of the cut....also has anyone mulched w/the zoom 50? Think it could be a nice idea from mid summer through fall leaves.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Click on forums then Ariens & next Gravely & read through both for an answer, both will contain pros & cons.

Absolutely this forum, try googling reviews of each & see what you come up with.

Last edited:

kraky

Threads
I'm confused...are you saying a different forum than this? This combines the two brands and I see virtually nothing going through many pages on the plain Jane zoom.....lots on the ht's etc but not the ordinary zoom. A search engine would be great but need to be happy w/what is available.

Jeralynk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is there a reason why you would wait for 2016 to get the new Ikon, why not now

kraky

Threads
My hometown dealer doesn't stock much and wants me to wait for next years order. In the meantime a hustler raptor sd54 showed up on my Craigslist $1000 off normal prices, and no sales tax...just 73 hours. Its now in my garage! I like the monster tires, kaw engine, zt2800 hydros, and it cuts great on my lawn. On the negative the Ikon I sat on had a nicer operator station. I "think" I'm happy w/my purchase but have to wonder what the ikon would have been like!

Jeralynk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like you got a good deal on the Hustler SD. Please let me know how well it cuts on your lawn and if you are happy with it once you have a chance to cut a couple of times with it. I agree the Ikon looks like a very good mower.

kraky

Threads
I'm really happy w/the rsd hustler...cut is super nice on my lawn.
My only complaint is its sort of a rattletrap. Im coming from a nice quiet kaw powered deere lawn tractor. The tractor was w/o any buzzes or vibrations. I expected the engine on the hustler being out in the open to be noisier....but once the deck is running there's all kinds of vibs/rumbles. New blades didn't help...which didn't surprise cause the old ones were balanced fine.
I got the warranty tr'd into my name now and will get it into a dealer and see if things are normal. I guess for all they pack into the rsd for about $4k they're not going to take the time to refine all the noise making componants....lol.