07 Hustler Super Z - Is this a decent deal??

Arky

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello - new to the site.....

I have the opportunity to buy a 2007 Hustler Super Z 60" with less than 200 original hours for $4000. I don't know the exact motor ( going to look at it tonight), but the seller described it as a liquid-cooled Kawasaki. Also - it has the mulching system already installed. Is she worth it?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello - new to the site.....

I have the opportunity to buy a 2007 Hustler Super Z 60" with less than 200 original hours for $4000. I don't know the exact motor ( going to look at it tonight), but the seller described it as a liquid-cooled Kawasaki. Also - it has the mulching system already installed. Is she worth it?

If that is original hours, in good running condition, has been properly maintained, and hasn't been left out in the weather for 8 years then it is absolutely worth it. A new super z will cost $12k or more. The kawasaki engine will most likely be the fh series, which is similar to the fx series sold today.

Arky

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here are a couple of pics the seller sent to me. Looks like it's missing an anti-scalp wheel on the front left side of the deck, which should be easy to replace.

Mower 1.jpg

Mower 2.png

Mike88se

Threads
Super Z is a great mower. Its got flex forks too. Those wheels are cheap to replace. Sounds like a decent deal to me. It's got two different types of tires on front but that's probably nothing.

Arky

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update: I ended up buying this mower. It had mulching blades and kit installed when I brought it home. I used it with the mulching implements the first time I cut my 3ish acres with it, and it was just okay. After removing all the mulching stuff and installing "normal" blades, I couldn't be happier with the results. This thing cuts FAST, and doesn't miss a blade of grass. Looking forward of many years of use out of this machine.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update: I ended up buying this mower. It had mulching blades and kit installed when I brought it home. I used it with the mulching implements the first time I cut my 3ish acres with it, and it was just okay. After removing all the mulching stuff and installing "normal" blades, I couldn't be happier with the results. This thing cuts FAST, and doesn't miss a blade of grass. Looking forward of many years of use out of this machine.

The super z is a top of the line mower. Glad to hear it worked out for you. Keep us posted.

DK35vince

Threads
Sounds like you got a good deal for the low hours.
Good luck with it.
I have a 2013 Super Z with the 35 HP Kawasaki, 72" deck and flex forks.
Awesome mower.