new member, looking at zero turn mowers, gravely, toro mx5050 vs toro mx 5060, hustle

eview1

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / new member, looking at zero turn mowers, gravely, toro mx5050 vs toro mx 5060, hustle
i am trying to decide b/t a toro mx 5050, toro mx 5060, hustler raptor sd, exmark .....skag is too expensive for me. heard there is also wright zero turn. also saw a craftsman lawn tractor, the new one, but not sure craftsman is that reliable. i had a cub cadet lawn tractor, direct from cub cadet dealer, but died. so what is the best option for me, as far as reliability, easy to maneuver. i am a female, that will be mowing and taking care of the mower my self, except i will have it professionally serviced, but i will be cleaning, checking oil, etc. i known the new exmark 2015 will not have the kawasaki engines but one made in china as i have heard that toro will be doing the same thing next yr. i have researched them all, but the more i look the more i become confused. i know the toro m 5050 has the kohler and the 2014 mx 5060 has the kawasaki engine. hustler raptor has the kawaski engine. any suggestions? please. one dealer told me there is really no difference b/t them all, but i cant believe that. i know that i will be buying from a dealer b/c the ones sold at home depot/lowes are made mainly by mtd and not the same lines as sold by the dealers. thank you.

MRCo.

Threads
  • / new member, looking at zero turn mowers, gravely, toro mx5050 vs toro mx 5060, hustle
Hi and welcome. There are many members here with valuable knowledge to share!

On engines...they all do the same thing, but are not the same! I'm heavily behind the Kawasaki engines on zero turns. Especially in your range. Not that the others are necessarily bad...I just think the Kawi is better than the field. I'm biased, but I'm behind the Raptor SD. It has the Kawi and is a whole lot of mower for the money. And the built in parking brake makes operation a lot more simple and straightforward.

Where in NC are you?

eview1

Forum Newbie
Threads
i am in wake forest, nc. i am leaning towards the hustler raptor rd 48 in cut, the toro mx 5050 is 50, the exmark is 50, i do like some of the features on the toro that the hustler does not have though, like the lift to go over a high place like a tree stump instead of changing the height and it has a mow n tow. i would like to be able to tow a little cart for mulch, dirt, etc. it also comes with a tow mount already. so i am trying to decide b/t the 2. i am also buying the stihl trimmer and asked if they would give me something off but said no, just free delivery. the exmark dealer said they would give me free delivery and 6 pk of gas mix for the trimmer and 1/2 off the tow mount. i have only driven the exmark, but i assume the all drive basically the same. i am used to the cub cadet 2544, which died, got from a cub cadet dealer. i saw the new craftsman lawn tractor that i like, it is abt 3k, but i dont know the reliability of craftsman, not a sears fan. the gravely is more than the toro and the hustler. ..thanks for the input. i hate to buy new mower b/c trying to sell land where i live but it will cost me abt 300/mo mowing every 2wks to pay someone to mow, so i figured it was better to buy than waste the money to pay someone to mow. my cub cadet was 44 in and 19 hp. i dont want to go larger in the cutting deck b/c i have lots of trees and flowers around my house. i have 11.10 acres but only mow abt 6. it is flat. thanks again.