Grasshopper

PHobbs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any ideas on why my Grasshopper with 26hp BNS engine with only 65 hours dies when i engage the PTO? Please help! Thx! Have just changed blades n fuel filter-

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Any ideas on why my Grasshopper with 26hp BNS engine with only 65 hours dies when i engage the PTO? Please help! Thx! Have just changed blades n fuel filter-

I'm guessing it runs, drives fine without PTO engaged?

Something is in a bind and the load of the blades being engaged kills the engine. Is everything free turning?

There is a safety interlock not working and as soon as you engage PTO. It thinks you are not in the seat for example.

Is the PTO switch putting power to an electrical clutch? maybe that clutch is bad?

PHobbs

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm guessing it runs, drives fine without PTO engaged?

Something is in a bind and the load of the blades being engaged kills the engine. Is everything free turning?

There is a safety interlock not working and as soon as you engage PTO. It thinks you are not in the seat for example.

Is the PTO switch putting power to an electrical clutch? maybe that clutch is bad?

Thanks! Also seems to run smoothly without PTO engaged. and will engage PTO as long as I am moving. However, engine seems to be struggling when PTO engages and sounds choppy. Will run for a bit, then stops. However, will start right back up and runs fine w/o PTO. When it stops, it's not suddenly. Bogs down for 2-3 secs, then stops. Mower is still under warranty, but would like to have some idea of what could be wrong so I don't get misled (since I'm a woman, LOL).