simplicity 6218 goes backwards in the forward gears

c9lb8

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently picked up a 6216(not 6218 i messed the title up), after replacing the belts I put into gear and boom Im shooting through the yard in reverse, no matter what gear I put it in it only goes in reverse. also the variable speed lever wont go down, seems like its either hitting off something or its stuck.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I recently picked up a 6216(not 6218 i messed the title up), after replacing the belts I put into gear and boom Im shooting through the yard in reverse, no matter what gear I put it in it only goes in reverse. also the variable speed lever wont go down, seems like its either hitting off something or its stuck.

Go to Simpicity Lawn Mower Questions | Simplicity Customer Service & Contact Us and download your manual and parts book.
I tried the numbers you quoted but it did not work.

The "gears" are as you have noticed are nothing more than set positions of the variable pulleys.
Forward, neutral & reverse and on the trans axle so unless you have crossed over the control rods have nothing to do with the speed selection mechanism.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK Mark,
Where did the 1690930 come from ?
What do you know that I need to learn ?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK Mark,
Where did the 1690930 come from ?
What do you know that I need to learn ?
google: model number for Simplicity 6216 tractor, when number or numbers come up write them down, then google simplicity tractors, then support, manuals, type in number and you have information.

Your question was a good one bertsmobile 1, very legitimate, glad to help you out.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
google: model number for Simplicity 6216 tractor, when number or numbers come up write them down, then google simplicity tractors, then support, manuals, type in number and you have information.

OK, put's dunce cap on and goes to stand in the silly corner for ten minutes.