About to buy a new push mower. Need help deciding. Have narrowed to three brands.

wisehumanity

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / About to buy a new push mower. Need help deciding. Have narrowed to three brands.
Hi everyone. This is my first time here. My old lawnmower died on me last year and I need to get a new one. I've narrowed the selection down but I need help choosing. I will tell you my choices and you can see if you can figure out the best one or offer your own. I don't need a self propelled and prefer quality and a good engine plus a reasonable price, but if you can beat one of my choices and still come in around $250 you are welcome to let me know. I am looking at the Cub Cadet SC100/SC100HW. They are practically the same but the HW has 11 inch rear wheels, but it looks like it will be hard to find. They both have 159CC Cub Cadet branded engines. The next choices are the Troy Bilt TB120 and TB130 The TB130 has a 160CC Honda GCV 160 series engine and the TB120 has a 159CC Troy Bilt engine and appears to be a newer mower. Finally is the Craftsman 11A-B2BQ799 item number 07137237000. I don't know why that model number is so complex. But anyway, it is a brand new mower this year and has what appears to be a 163CC Briggs and Stratton 725EXi engine. There is a very small chance that I could get a Craftsman 37037 item number 07137037000, it has an old style 190CC Briggs and Stratton 725ex Platinum engine. I did find out that this engine is the old style L-Head type vs all the others which are the newer OHV engine.

possum

Threads
  • / About to buy a new push mower. Need help deciding. Have narrowed to three brands.
TB130 with Honda. The Briggs side valve engine you mention on the Craftsman is a good time proven engine. They are easy on just about everything. I have cussed them but I have always liked them.