Mower qiut while mowing, won't restart

bennieboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mowing with my is2000z and suddendly everything shut down. I have replaced the ignition switch, seat switch, checked the other safety switches with meter, checked all connections, wiring, fuses and it still won't do anything. What am I missing as I'm pulling my hair out? HELP PLEASE!!!!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mowing with my is2000z and suddendly everything shut down. I have replaced the ignition switch, seat switch, checked the other safety switches with meter, checked all connections, wiring, fuses and it still won't do anything. What am I missing as I'm pulling my hair out? HELP PLEASE!!!!

Seeing everything shut down start with the battery and cables. Start small. Sounds like you are just replacing parts with hopes it will run. Did you test the ignition switch before you replaced it? I find one of the main tools I need for diagnosing electrical problems is a wiring diagram and I have been doing it for years..

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads

Well, can you put up your engine's model/spec numbers?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
And your mower's wiring schematic?

bennieboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Seeing everything shut down start with the battery and cables. Start small. Sounds like you are just replacing parts with hopes it will run. Did you test the ignition switch before you replaced it? I find one of the main tools I need for diagnosing electrical problems is a wiring diagram and I have been doing it for years..

I had the battery checked,cleaned the cables first. I checked the ignition switch and the auxillary pole was bad so I replaced it. (I have lights on the mower.) The seat switch checked bad and I thought a new one would fix it but no luck. I've checked and rechecked the brake and arm switches and they test OK. I have knowledge in electrical and mechanical issues, I'm not a rookie. That's what's making this so difficult. I almost forgot, I was going by the wiring diagram. I'm beginning to think it might be the time delay module. What do you think? Any help will be appreciated.

bennieboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
And your mower's wiring schematic?

The engine is a liquid cooled V-twin Kawasaki, 26 hp, model no. FD731V. I don't have the capability to post the wiring diagram.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had the battery checked,cleaned the cables first. I checked the ignition switch and the auxillary pole was bad so I replaced it. (I have lights on the mower.) The seat switch checked bad and I thought a new one would fix it but no luck. I've checked and rechecked the brake and arm switches and they test OK. I have knowledge in electrical and mechanical issues, I'm not a rookie. That's what's making this so difficult. I almost forgot, I was going by the wiring diagram. I'm beginning to think it might be the time delay module. What do you think? Any help will be appreciated.

Time delay module. Just something I have never come across on a mower, electric fork truck yes. Just what is it time delaying?? As I recall time delay modules were adjustable on the fork trucks. When you say the mower is dead you need to start where it isn't dead. Now don't forget you are working with two types of voltage. Positive and negative. You need both of them. This is very important if you are working with modules.

bennieboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Time delay module. Just something I have never come across on a mower, electric fork truck yes. Just what is it time delaying?? As I recall time delay modules were adjustable on the fork trucks. When you say the mower is dead you need to start where it isn't dead. Now don't forget you are working with two types of voltage. Positive and negative. You need both of them. This is very important if you are working with modules.

Well reynoldston, my ferris IS2000Z has a time delay module as a lot if not most other zero turn ferris mowers do. I asked for help, not treating me like I am an idiot. Now, as I'm told at the ferris dealer's part counter, the time delay module is there in case the rider happens to lift off the seat or set off any other safety switch, the delay module gives a little time and don't kill the system. I replaced the time delay module several years ago when it started smoking and melted down. I don't know if this is the problem or not, that's why I posted. As I said before, I've checked and rechecked the switches and wiring including the positive and the negative (ground) side. If you have any ideas that may help I would appreciate it but if you can only think everyone else doesn't know anything, don't bother yourself.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
buykawpower.com

Well, we need some more numbers.... If you want to help.... I was just guessing on the last prefix