Moved to town from the farm

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Moved to town from the farm, looking for help with new mower

Just recently moved to town from the farm. Just sold my Massey Ferguson GC2400 with a 60" MMM as it is to big for the new house. Now deciding what to buy next. Lot size is right on the edge of using a push mower or a rider. Using an old patched together push mower that I used to use once in a while to trim with on the farm for now but need to invest in a good mower. Any suggestion would be appreiciated. A 38" ride would probably work or a selfpropelled push mover would work. Also looking to invest in a snowblower as well.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

gfp55

Threads
Re: Moved to town from the farm, looking for help with new mower

Just recently moved to town from the farm. Just sold my Massey Ferguson GC2400 with a 60" MMM as it is to big for the new house. Now deciding what to buy next. Lot size is right on the edge of using a push mower or a rider. Using an old patched together push mower that I used to use once in a while to trim with on the farm for now but need to invest in a good mower. Any suggestion would be appreiciated. A 38" ride would probably work or a selfpropelled push mover would work. Also looking to invest in a snowblower as well.:thumbsup:

Maybe you could look into getting a rider with a snowblower attachment. If you plan on staying at your new place for some years you will be getting older like all of us so a push mower will get harder to push as years go by, were a rider will be easy now and latter. If you plan on gardening you can buy a cart for the rider to pull dirt, plants,etc around your yard. Just a thought. Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted OK.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have thought of buying a rider with a snow blower attachment but the shed where the rider would be stored is at the back of the lot so it would take more time to blow a path to the driveway then to blow the driveway. I can probably can get a snowblower in the garage and go out the side man door to blow the snow. Good thought on a rider for when I get older though.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the budget allows you, take a look at Grasshopper mowers that have various attachments. If you really have deep pockets, Ventrac is the hot ticket to fun junction.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looking into a John Deere D105 or D110. Nothing to big or expensive for such a little lot.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Picked up a new John Deere D110 riders and a 28" Cub Cadet snowblower yesterday. Got a great deal on both.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Picked up a new John Deere D110 riders and a 28" Cub Cadet snowblower yesterday. Got a great deal on both.

I know that them orange tractors are the best. My grandsons WC is putting out around 80 HP, not bad for a 1938 tractor.