Mulching blade for leaves?

diamatron

Threads
Own a commercial mower, snapper pro s200xt, with stock high lift blades. How well are these going to do with the leaves. I assume they will blow them everywhere as the speed this deck processes grass is amazing.

Just wanted some input because in the fall grass grows slower and leaves fall. Making mulching blades more ideal to use possibly. I have probably 30 trees. The ones out in the yard normally blow away on their own. While the ones around the house tend to stay around, except for the ones directly around the house, they don't lose their leaves until spring for some reason, just stay on the tree dead all winter.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Own a commercial mower, snapper pro s200xt, with stock high lift blades. How well are these going to do with the leaves. I assume they will blow them everywhere as the speed this deck processes grass is amazing.

Just wanted some input because in the fall grass grows slower and leaves fall. Making mulching blades more ideal to use possibly. I have probably 30 trees. The ones out in the yard normally blow away on their own. While the ones around the house tend to stay around, except for the ones directly around the house, they don't lose their leaves until spring for some reason, just stay on the tree dead all winter.

As you know, I have an s150xt and I used it on my old lawn to mulch the leaves. I never used mulching blades, but I agree with your theory that they may be more ideal. Mine did pretty well with mulching the leaves into small pieces. I started on the outside and kept mowing with my chute side to the inside. Any leaves that came out got mowed again as I worked my way to the center. I had a small pile of tiny pieces of leaves when I finished that was easy to disperse. Are you still enjoying that s200xt? How are you liking the commercial turf engine?

diamatron

Threads
Commercial turf breaking in well. Doesn't burn any oil or leak anywhere. I will be doing a PYB oil change here soon since I have about 10 hours of use on the machine.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Commercial turf breaking in well. Doesn't burn any oil or leak anywhere. I will be doing a PYB oil change here soon since I have about 10 hours of use on the machine.

Does it seem to have enough power to handle the 61" deck?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

If your looking for mulching Blades try the Oregon G6 Gator Blades. There the best.

diamatron

Threads
I am satisfied with the power of the of the 28hp turf. Plenty of power for my 61" deck. Only notice any slowdown when traveling up hill.

Bill Martin

Threads
Mulching blades make a difference on leaves. Staying on top of the leaves weekly is helpful also. When they build up they get wet eventually and take much longer to get rid of.....