Where can you buy low cost replacement carbs?

Johns_Pop

Threads
I've got an Echo trimmer, an Echo gas shears and a Husqvarna trimmer that all need new carbs. Anybody know a good source for low cost replacement carbs? Thanks.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like you need a new repair guy!!!!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Amazon works well for me. Also mowtownusa.com

Johns_Pop

Threads
Sounds like you need a new repair guy!!!!

Well, these are all older pieces and a buddy of mine who is an engine guru told me that. I wouldn't trust the stinking repair centers around here, but I believe him when he tells me that. :) Thanks for the suggestions!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, these are all older pieces and a buddy of mine who is an engine guru told me that. I wouldn't trust the stinking repair centers around here, but I believe him when he tells me that. :) Thanks for the suggestions!

It sounds like you need carburetors for all small equipment. I have found that in labor and parts its a lot easier to just replace. Also I don't think you will find much different cost. I still say check out E-Bay.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
It sounds like you need carburetors for all small equipment. I have found that in labor and parts its a lot easier to just replace. Also I don't think you will find much different cost. I still say check out E-Bay.

It honestly is easier to just replace. Even when I clean a small carb I can never get it perfectly clean and end up cleaning it again and again.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The problem with the primer fueled carbs is the check valves that allow fuel to go through the jets, and close for priming. The problem is for some reason when you disassemble a carb for cleaning there is about a 50 percent chance that one of the check valves will stick open. If it sticks opens you can get them unstuck about 10 percent of the time. If they can't be unstuck the carb won't prime, which in most case won't start. The rest of the time you have to just replace the carb, which means your time and carb kit just went in the trash. I just replaced a carb on a stihl trimmer a couple of weeks ago. Retail on the carb $31. Most poulan trimmer and chainsaw carbs run in the $25-35 range. As a repair shop I can't clean and install a carb kit for that price.

Johns_Pop

Threads
Makes sense to just replace. I didn't realize that because I've never taken one apart. These do get used pretty hard in EXTREMELY dusty conditions and they get left out in the rain occasionally. I'll check around and see what I can find. Thanks guys.