19.5 Opposed twin Carb/fuel pump

hrdman2luv

Threads
The fuel pump is a 4 bolt. It's this one:
_iso_view.JPG

When I got this LT1000, the fuel pump nozzle was sticking out the side. (Next to the choke cable)..
After cleaning it out, and putting new gaskets in it, I put it back the way it was supposed to be..

Like this:
_four_screw_pump.JPG

(Just in case these pics don't attach, here's the link to them.

So the first question is, which line goes where? There are two. One that goes into the engine. And the other that comes from the fuel tank...

Also, I've switched them both ways, but can't seem to keep it running more than the starter fluid I spray into it...

I've looked at several youtubes, but none of them have a close up view of what I'm looking for... Or are too blurry.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bronze one goes to fuel supply.

hrdman2luv

Threads

OK, thanks. That's where I have it now. And it still won't stay running. I guess I'm going to have to go back through the carb and fuel pump to make sure I have everything right.

New kit, new gas, new tank & new fuel lines... Seems it would have to be in new kit. That carb was a mess. Lot's of water deposits left a lot of white flaky stuff, and some rust in it. I scraped it off, then blew brake clean through all the jets until they were flowing freely. (At least I think I got all the jets)

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Im not trying to sound smart here but blow the carb out from the engine side not the other side. Do this first. Then you can blow the other way. If something is stuck inside it is more likely go back out the way it came in.

hrdman2luv

Threads

Uh oh, The bronze one went to the engine... LOL... Engine oil filled up with gasoline.. No problem though....I got it figured all out. Thanks for the other advice..

Here's a little trick I learned today, After taking my carb apart again, I sunk the parts into an empty coffee can and filled it up with carb cleaner... Then placed the can on the fan motor of my a/c unit. The vibration of the fan, did wonders. Of course the house a/c is going to cut off and on. But while it's on, it makes a great agitator.

Long story short, I mowed with it for about 1/2 an hr.. Then the deck switch went out... No problem there. I have another one ordered...

Anyways, it cut better than my 21hp. Even the pasture grass...