John Deere l130 will not drive forward or backward

Lacycole_51

Forum Newbie
Threads
Old thread, I know, but I experienced the same thing yesterday after mowing heavy grass 3 hours straight with my 3 month old E130, which has the fluid driven hydrostatic transmission like your L130, so I shut it off and went on to something else. When I came back to it 3 or 4 hours later, all was back to well. No problems. So either this is a safety feature, at least on my E130, that simply disengages the transmission when the fluid reaches a certain temperate in order to prevent burning it up or a quirk of hydrostatic transmissions. Can't say as this is my first one. Just know it is a little annoying not being able to finish all my mowing in one session, but if it is a safety feature, I'm very glad it's there to protect my investment.

I have replaced the drive belt, I have replaced the pto switch , (and the blades engage when the engine is running),,, I have checked the back pull leaver to make sure the mover drive is engaged and is not in the push by hand position. The mower will start,,, the blades will engage,,, but the mower will not move forward or backward. Anyone ever have this problem?

I am presently going to get a 20 amp fuse because I just blew the one that was in it. What could be causing this mower not to move forward or backward.
The back drive is sealed and there is no place to add hydrolic oil ,,, and there is no way to check the levels,,, When inspecting the back,,, there is no excess oil on the outside leading me to think that the rear end is leaking any hydrolic oil.

Any suggestions?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IF you 3 month old mower is doing this, take it back to the dealer while it is still under warranty, there is a problem, an expensive problem.

gordonbking

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / John Deere l130 will not drive forward or backward
I have replaced the drive belt, I have replaced the pto switch , (and the blades engage when the engine is running),,, I have checked the back pull leaver to make sure the mover drive is engaged and is not in the push by hand position. The mower will start,,, the blades will engage,,, but the mower will not move forward or backward. Anyone ever have this problem?

I am presently going to get a 20 amp fuse because I just blew the one that was in it. What could be causing this mower not to move forward or backward.
The back drive is sealed and there is no place to add hydrolic oil ,,, and there is no way to check the levels,,, When inspecting the back,,, there is no excess oil on the outside leading me to think that the rear end is leaking any hydrolic oil.

Any suggestions?

i have a L110a and have the same problem. did it get solved, and how?