Mower deck engagement cable ?

jeff66

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have Craftsman LT 1000 model 917 271760 and I bought it about two weeks ago and replaced the mower deck cable. My question is (the cable works fine to engage the mower blades and to disengage the blades) is the ball end of the cable supposed to stick out of the lever slot when you disengage the blades? Thanks Jeff

jeff66

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got the correct cable. Why does it stick out of the slot when disengaged?

Davidas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Top end of cable attachment split, allowing handle to slip right through. Cheaply dedigned. Is there one with a metal tip to replace the cheap plastic one?

Cusser

Threads
I have Craftsman LT 1000 model 917 271760 and I bought it about two weeks ago and replaced the mower deck cable..... is the ball end of the cable supposed to stick out of the lever slot when you disengage the blades?
Hmmm - I'm wondering if the deck pulley assembly is stuck somewhat and its spring not pulling the pulley away from the belt when disengaging. I've had to clean/lube that part several times over 15 years on my 2005 LT1000 (which could be an actual different manufacturer than yours).

I have replaced that cable myself with one purchased online, and do carry a spare, no issues with the cable for me.