Bush Hog ZTR

D

DSepe

Anyone have first hand experience with this brand? My buddy wants to buy one just wondering if anyone has opinions on this specific brand.

Nwatson99

Threads
There is a dealer here in town I looked them over pretty good, so my question is why does he want that brand for?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Which one is he looking at the zt residential, estate, commercial estate, or professional series? I have been around one of the commercial series. Good mower.

D

DSepe

He has a bush hog rotary cutter for crop shredding and really likes it. I think it's more of a brand preference/loyalty in his case. He is looking at the commercial estate series.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
He has a bush hog rotary cutter for crop shredding and really likes it. I think it's more of a brand preference/loyalty in his case. He is looking at the commercial estate series.

Solid built mower. How much is he looking to mow?

D

DSepe

Solid built mower. How much is he looking to mow?

About 3 acres I believe. He's pretty much set on bush hog and I understand sticking with brands you know and like. It just seems they are a very very small player in the ZTR game. They look well built but I'd say lack of bush hog ZTR owner responses means they must of started the ZTR line very recently.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
About 3 acres I believe. He's pretty much set on bush hog and I understand sticking with brands you know and like. It just seems they are a very very small player in the ZTR game. They look well built but I'd say lack of bush hog ZTR owner responses means they must of started the ZTR line very recently.

The one I was around was an 08 model. Cut great and owner said it gave little trouble. Have seen a couple of others in my area. If he has a dealer he is comfortable with he should be fine. The commercial estate series is plenty mower for 3 acres.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The one I was around was an 08 model. Cut great and owner said it gave little trouble. Have seen a couple of others in my area. If he has a dealer he is comfortable with he should be fine. The commercial estate series is plenty mower for 3 acres.

I agree, I've never seen one in person but the specs and info on their website seem like they are pretty well built!! The Commercial Estate series is very nice and the Professional series is a bit more impressive. Wish they offered more engine choices than the Kohler Pro, though.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree, I've never seen one in person but the specs and info on their website seem like they are pretty well built!! The Commercial Estate series is very nice and the Professional series is a bit more impressive. Wish they offered more engine choices than the Kohler Pro, though.

Now that you mention it the one I saw had the kohler engine as well. I too checked the website and noticed that was the only engine choice. The one I saw was being serviced and was used to cut about 5 acres. Was told it had never had any engine issues.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know how recently they began producing ZTR's but below is a link to a thread where a user just bought a Bush Hog with 400 hours on it that had been sitting in a barn unused for a couple of years. It's an out-front deck model that the Bush Hog website doesn't seem to show any longer. He's replacing pulleys and fixing it up but seems to be VERY happy with it's performance. Looking at the dealer locator there actually seems to be a dealer in Nashville, but I had never heard of the Bush Hog back in 2012 when I was shopping. Here's a link to that thread:

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/mower...my-replacement-deck-pulleys-2.html#post169643