Adjusting deck height on the Honda HRX217 with Nexite Deck

GatorRay

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Adjusting deck height on the Honda HRX217 with Nexite Deck
I just purchased a brand-new Honda HRX217VLA and mowed my yard for the first time. I started with what I thought was an approximation of a 3 inch cut but it turned out to be closer to a 1 1/2-2 inch cut rendering the lawn looking scalped. When I look at the mower from the side on the concrete pad, the front and is higher than the backend. The wheel adjustments are in the precisely same slots for the front and rear but obviously the deck is not level. There was about one half of a notch difference on my old Toro recycler. Does the Honda have the same issue? Should I go with the eyeball or a deck level measurement on the concrete pad or simply stick the adjustment handles in the same numbered slots and forget about it? I like my lawn to be a little denser/taller so it looks like I may have to go with the 3.5 slot number for the front but what about the back wheels?

Robshonda

Threads
I just bought a hRX217 nexite deck mower and height adjustment is easy.
On the front if you want a 3 inch high cut put the adjuster in the 3 position(should be labels on the mower deck)
On the back wheels the numbers are molded into the nexite body behind the wheels, you have to get down close to see them.
Put the adjuster on 3 there and you are ready to cut at 3 inches.
Rob

braxx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own 2 HRX217 mowers. One with the numbers near the notches (Newer Model) and one without the numbers. I've found that the 2 1/2 and 3 notch mow at 2 1/2" and 3". The same NOT numbered notches on my older mower mow at the same height for the same given notch as the new mower.