husqvarna yth24v48 is very slow in reverse

brian400ex

Forum Newbie
Threads
It will hardly back up a hill. Anybody else have this issue?

Brian

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is new, take it to a dealer, as it should be under warranty. Why try to repair yourself.

Threads
I have had to pack out the pedal on the reverse lever on a few simular models, the extra pedal height allows the rod to actuate the reverse lever to open the valve inside the trans to allow more oil flow - more movement, but as the previous post states - it will be a warranty issue the dealer should take care of.

phcaan

Threads
I have had to pack out the pedal on the reverse lever on a few simular models, the extra pedal height allows the rod to actuate the reverse lever to open the valve inside the trans to allow more oil flow - more movement, but as the previous post states - it will be a warranty issue the dealer should take care of.

What do you mean by "pack out the pedal"?

Threads
raise the height of the pedal block, so your foot can push the pedal down further - to allow the lever on the trans to move further

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tractor is brand new.
Rivets is correct, don't touch it, could void warranty, take it back for repair or pick out another and test drive checking all operations of tractor making sure everything is working correctly and good to go.

phcaan

Threads
raise the height of the pedal block, so your foot can push the pedal down further - to allow the lever on the trans to move further

Thank You I appreciate your time and expertise.

Flyin2low

Forum Newbie
Threads
It will hardly back up a hill. Anybody else have this issue?

Brian

The hydrostatic transaxle has a procedure to bleed out the system by pulling the lockout pin and running the forward/reverse lever/pedal to it full forward then full reverse positions a few times then re-engage the lock out pin.