Toro Recycler will not start

Gator333

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes they are the notches.

Assuming that the vane and the thermostat are in rest position and the engine is cold then it does look close to the correct adjustment.

The top of the thermostat may require a slight adjustment from right to left in the pic so the curved edge is in between the notches.

You then push it in to engine or out of engine to line up with the other notches.

It does not hook onto anything.

When you push the thermostat to open the choke, when you let go it should then spring back to close choke.

Its quite a simple design but adjustment has to be right.

I still think you may have a spark issue.

Hi, Have a Snapper with Briggs & Stratton 7.25 EX MFG in 2013 model number stickers torn away from mower, but steel plate number on engine is (128m02-0989-f1 13081958).
My neighbor gave me this lawnmower, because he was frustrated with it running sometimes and not other times. Anyway going to clean every thing up so took off carb and linkage and the plastic arm from thermostat seemed very loose and floaty. So I removed steel cover to get a better look and appears just to be sitting there hooked up to nothing, just sitting on top of the coil.... I have no idea how to reassemble this other than the connection to the carb. Is it supposed to be sitting on top of the coil touching it?
I've seen the pics in this thread. I'm assuming it has to be re-hooked to the carb and spring to do any kind of adjustment to the black vane, but I gather it is not hooked to the other side by the thermostat by what I've seen here. Does it just lay across the motor on top of coil? What stops it from going into the flywheel? Can't seem to find a user manual or diagrams without the model number of mower. Any help appreciated....I'm brand new here so please excuse any mistakes...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The AutoChoke airvane is bolted to the carb and should move freely. It’s job is to close the choke for cold starting, that is the job of the return spring. When the engine starts the air flow will open the choke and when the engine is warm the thermostat will keep the choke open. The pictures in this thread show where the spring is attached and how the thermostat should be adjusted when the engine is cold.