Best Reel Mower

Great grass man

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wife and I are in the market for a reel lawn mower but I have no idea where to start. I see some online but forums are the best place to get info. Don't want to break the bank but willing to pay out for quality. Suggestions?

Any other info on reel mowers are welcome.

Thanks

rmcphearson

Threads
Toro flex 21 is the best. The cutting head can be removed for easy maint/overhaul. It's a golf mower. Most of the residential reel mowers I've come across are just junk. You can get a used flex 21 in decent condition for $500-$1000.

I have a Toro 1000 for my yard which is similar but it's not as easy to maintain the reel as the flex.

-Roland
Mobile, AL

Great grass man

Forum Newbie
Threads
Toro flex 21 is the best. The cutting head can be removed for easy maint/overhaul. It's a golf mower. Most of the residential reel mowers I've come across are just junk. You can get a used flex 21 in decent condition for $500-$1000.

I have a Toro 1000 for my yard which is similar but it's not as easy to maintain the reel as the flex.

-Roland
Mobile, AL

Should have elaborated. I am looking for a non-motorized mower, zero emission. Keepin it green. :thumbsup:

rmcphearson

Threads
I know that McClane makes a push reel mower. I don't know about Tru-Cut. Those are the best 2 residential brands I know of.

Check ebay. I got my '39 Toro putting green push mower from there, which I use occasionally, and it beats any residential mower made in the 75 years since.