posted some pics.

173abn

Threads
I finally figured out how to post pics. got a few posted and will do more later.hope you all like em. russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I finally figured out how to post pics. got a few posted and will do more later.hope you all like em. russ

Gonna go look at them now, hope to see one of you as I am tired of being one of the ugliest guys on LMF....:laughing::laughing: just joshing you. :biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Shoot, I'm still one of the ugliest guys in the pics here on LMF....:laughing: Thanks for sharing yours, looks like you have a lot of privacy....and love that old barn, you don't see many with that kind of gable at the end for shelter anymore. Think I have a pic someplace of my barns...

Yup, the single barn was built about 1880 from what the writing on one of the walls indicates, it's a 24X36 2 story, used to be the grain storage for my place when it was a working dairy farm. The two buildings in the other pic are the dairy barn, they kept the cows downstairs and used the upper floor for hay. The smaller building was used for processing the milk, now it's my garden shed. Think these two were built about 1940.

Attachments

• Blackberrypics winter 10 249.jpg
    Blackberrypics winter 10 249.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Blackberrypics winter 10 252.jpg
    Blackberrypics winter 10 252.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 8

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Posted an albums of my toys a few minutes ago, thought I had a picture of the wife's car in my pc but couldn't find it....

173abn

Threads
hey JD,my brother has an airstream almost like yours,I like your barn.mine was built in 1914,I put the roof on it myself a few yrs. ago.as far as ugly I don't judge and I sure don't enter many beauty contests russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
hey JD,my brother has an airstream almost like yours,I like your barn.mine was built in 1914,I put the roof on it myself a few yrs. ago.as far as ugly I don't judge and I sure don't enter many beauty contests russ

I got too many fricking toys...the Airsteam is a '94 Land Yacht Legacy 34 footer...18,000 miles. We don't drive any of our vehicles much that's why we have so many. Up in the big barn...oh, brother...

'85 Ford Crown Victoria, '90 Ford F150, '53 Ford Jubilee tractor, JD 318, and a whole slew of non-running mowers and other yard care stuff. Stop laughing...:laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Russ, that carrier/dolly you made for your PHD is really unique looking...how long does it take to hook up to the tractor from the carrier? And that looks to be one heck of a big PHD for your tractor, might be the angle of the pic itself but it looks like it would require 30-35 pto horsepower. Does your tractor develop that much?

173abn

Threads
JD,I used part of an old Snapper lawn mower,.the front part and the parts holding the straps.Some tube iron.The back axle is an old Barbell and the part holding the augar is a welding bottle cap.the part holding the phd when it's off the tractor is part of a weight bench,it pivots up when I take it off the 3pt.It takes less than 5min. to either take it off or put it on.I think the pic. is a little deceiving,I bought it at T.S.C.[SpeeCo].The tractor is 16hp at the pto and I've drilled about 200 holes with it so far.your motor home is the same model my bro. has,not sure what yr.It has a big block chevy gasser.I think if I had one diesel would be my preference. russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
JD,I used part of an old Snapper lawn mower,.the front part and the parts holding the straps.Some tube iron.The back axle is an old Barbell and the part holding the augar is a welding bottle cap.the part holding the phd when it's off the tractor is part of a weight bench,it pivots up when I take it off the 3pt.It takes less than 5min. to either take it off or put it on.I think the pic. is a little deceiving,I bought it at T.S.C.[SpeeCo].The tractor is 16hp at the pto and I've drilled about 200 holes with it so far.your motor home is the same model my bro. has,not sure what yr.It has a big block chevy gasser.I think if I had one diesel would be my preference. russ

Thanks for info...our MH has the 7.4 Liter (454) big block gasser too. They offered the same 34 foot body with a 190 hp Cummins and Allison AT 542 transmission or a 230 hp Cummins with an Allison MD 3060. We got it from an elderly couplke who were tired of paying $90 an hour to fix everything wrong with it. Most of the problems are electrical in nature. Few vehicles are more complex in electrical layout than a motorhome, you basically have a huge, heavy duty truck electrical system coupled to a small house electrical system, then throw in a generator on top of all that...:confused2::eek::thumbdown:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads

Now that is a roofing challenge! I assuming you rented a lift? The first thing I thought when I saw your barn was " Nice barn!". The second thing was " I wouldn't want to fix the roof". Do you have plans to paint or stain it? If I had that I would change my avatar:smile:
I'll bet that wood is worth a small fortune...