ferris is600z

D

DSepe

Just picked up my IS600z Kawasaki for 5500 after tax. I did a lot of shopping around at dealers so you got a great deal! Loving this mower but I noticed it loses some power going up hills. I think Ferris should of had a 23 HP or so Kawasaki option. That being said I love this mower!

clpolcar

Threads
I love the mower. Wish I would have bought a higher grade ferris. Mine is starting to make noises with 10ish hours on it. I don't know its it because I'm using a accelerator and extender grass catcher. Just its making noises in the front and of course no grease fittings.

D

DSepe

I love the mower. Wish I would have bought a higher grade ferris. Mine is starting to make noises with 10ish hours on it. I don't know its it because I'm using a accelerator and extender grass catcher. Just its making noises in the front and of course no grease fittings.

Strange, I'll keep you updated on mine since we have the exact same mower. I'm assuming you did the 8 hour break in oil change?

D

DSepe

Whoops you said noises in the front my bad. So it's not the engine. What kinds of noises?

clpolcar

Threads
Well I bought it with about 6 on it from dealer. It was a demo. Assumed they did it. I just changed the oil now. I put a new hour meter on it because the other one broke. They only had a Scag one. It works tho. I'm running Rotella synthetic blend 10w 30. To me it sounds like one of the rollers on the deck is rubbing but that's not it. Mine has I would say 16 hours on it. Just turned 10 hours on the new meter. I look every bolt is fine. No grease fittings besides the spindles that I can see. And its squeaking. The chain hung deck might be moving? I have no clue. I could have spend a little more money and got a better mower. But I thought buying ferris they would be very well built even being low end commercial. I like it for the price. If I could have spent more I would have and bought a exmark Lazar z or walker.

D

DSepe

Well I bought it with about 6 on it from dealer. It was a demo. Assumed they did it. I just changed the oil now. I put a new hour meter on it because the other one broke. They only had a Scag one. It works tho. I'm running Rotella synthetic blend 10w 30. To me it sounds like one of the rollers on the deck is rubbing but that's not it. Mine has I would say 16 hours on it. Just turned 10 hours on the new meter. I look every bolt is fine. No grease fittings besides the spindles that I can see. And its squeaking. The chain hung deck might be moving? I have no clue. I could have spend a little more money and got a better mower. But I thought buying ferris they would be very well built even being low end commercial. I like it for the price. If I could have spent more I would have and bought a exmark Lazar z or walker.

The front casters can be greased. As per the manual "Remove the 1/4-28 bolt screwed into caster and install a 1/4-28 grease fitting" "Grease front caster" "Remove the grease fitting and reinstall the bolt" It says to do it annually. I hope this helps, if you've done this than I'm stumped. It might be dealer bound if you can't get the squeaking to stop.

clpolcar

Threads
I wonder why they want you to take the fittings back out. I'd just leave them in it. Wouldn't want to break one off in it. I think I'll call my dealer and ask them.

D

DSepe

I wonder why they want you to take the fittings back out. I'd just leave them in it. Wouldn't want to break one off in it. I think I'll call my dealer and ask them.

Good idea, my dealer didn't even realize they could be greased. I talked to my local Ferris area distributor and he claimed that they did that because people tend to over grease the castors so much that it pops the seal on top. I think it ultimately causes confusion and no one greases them because they just see bolts.

clpolcar

Threads
Idk but I grease my stuff at least every other week. I also use mine more commercially. Cutting 5 lawns a week. And what not. I'm just gonna put zerks in them and be done with it.

D

DSepe

Idk but I grease my stuff at least every other week. I also use mine more commercially. Cutting 5 lawns a week. And what not. I'm just gonna put zerks in them and be done with it.

Makes sense I'll probably do the same. Let us know if the squeaking stops once you grease them up. Hopefully it does because I hate to see a new owner dissatisfied no matter how small the problem with a practically new machine.