ferris is600z

Av8r

Threads
I only have 20 minutes on mine, but haven't experienced that yet. Good news, is that you have a 4 year 500 hour warranty. :thumbsup:

clpolcar

Threads
I have about 2 hours myself. But machine has a total of about 9. And yes. That's why I went with ferris because of the warranty and well built machine

clpolcar

Threads
I am also using mine for a little commercial. Cutting about 5 lawns a week. But its registered as residential. So I get the full 4 year warranty.

Av8r

Threads
I only mow my yard, which is about an acre. This is the first commercial unit I have owned, but I have destroyed 2 John deere tractors over the past 8 years. Killed the last one in just 2 years and will never have a piece of that green crap in my garage again. In all fairness, they were big box JD's, but still, I could've bought a ferris the first time around and would be money ahead and it would still be running like new.

clpolcar

Threads
I have always bought used walk behinds off craigslist. My last one needed pumps and wheel motors and I said I'm buying new with warranty. For price difference between pump and mower was something j would pay the extra for. I cut about 1.5 acres a week. So not to bad. My yard is a 1/4 or less. So I have a Hugh mower for my yard. Don't get me wrong I love john Deere but I would never own one of there mowers.

LoCo86

Threads
Been using the new mower for a couple weeks now. So far I love the mower. Its great. Its quick. Even being a 48 in deck it is quick. I removed the rops. Have low hanging branches. Only thing that needed fixed was the hour meter. All fixed now. Haven't torn to much grass when turning. Its a learning experience. It strips farelly decent. Could be better but its the first few cuts of the year. Looking to get a turbo pro collector for it but financial department (girl friend) said maybe next year.

This is a little off topic, but you're 18 and your girlfriend is in charge of what you do with your money?! 18 and single is what I would be. Then you would have all the money to buy whatever equipment you need for your business. Unless they have the title of wife she needs to worry about her own money.

clpolcar

Threads
We have been together for almost 4 years. Its like were married. I know one day we will be married. I'm perfectly ok with he telling me what I can and can't do because usually I'll buy stupid stuff. She has loaned me money for the mower. So I'll pay her back and then get what I would like.

gregjo1948

Threads
The "drown" is probably just your hydraulic pumps. Try pointing it up hill and slowly engage forward movement. You will probably hear the same noise. I don't think it's anything to worry about. gregjo1948

clpolcar

Threads
The "drown" is probably just your hydraulic pumps. Try pointing it up hill and slowly engage forward movement. You will probably hear the same noise. I don't think it's anything to worry about. gregjo1948

I do not think it was the hydro. Even on flat surface it is. When not moving. Could it be the deck creating such flow??