Q: How do you separate the drive pulley/ drive disk assembly? SNAPPER Comet RIP!

silver1

Threads
  • / Q: How do you separate the drive pulley/ drive disk assembly? SNAPPER Comet RIP!
Clockwise or counterclockwise? Best way to do it.
I'm going to re-purpose the v-pulley.

OH Guys

BACKUP.........................I'm not putting it on a SNAPPER..........I'm going to put it on a Craftsman.

Attachments

• IMGP0015.jpg
    IMGP0015.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Q: How do you separate the drive pulley/ drive disk assembly? SNAPPER Comet RIP!
If it is in good shape, sell it on e-bay, they sell pretty high.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree sell it on eBay.
If your wanting to make your snapper faster it is not worth it. The chain in the gear box will break. The snapper gear box is tough but will not handle the extra RPMs without doing mods to it and the front steering.
If your lucky the chain will break before the front axle does.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If your going to use the pulley on the other mower. Just sell the whole snapper and buy a pulley

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
How would this make it go faster? The pulley goes to the deck, only a smaller drive disc would make it go faster....

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I believe it is just regular pipe threads... Leftie loosie... Just lock the steel end of the pulley in a big vice, grab some leather gloves, and turn the disc to the left after
you put on your big boy pants!!!!!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
How would this make it go faster? The pulley goes to the deck, only a smaller drive disc would make it go faster....

You can just change the pulley and make the disk turn faster

Mow Joe

Threads
The only way to make the disc turn faster is to make the engine turn faster.

I have removed the disc by tapping on the fins with a hammer and a block of wood or something similar. The fins aren't very strong, so you need to be careful and alternate fins with each rap. This doesn't always work and sometimes the fins will break...be careful.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only way to make the disc turn faster is to make the engine turn faster. I have removed the disc by tapping on the fins with a hammer and a block of wood or something similar. The fins aren't very strong, so you need to be careful and alternate fins with each rap. This doesn't always work and sometimes the fins will break...be careful.

No changing the size of the pulley will change how fast it turns. It's like changing gears.

Mow Joe

Threads
No changing the size of the pulley will change how fast it turns. It's like changing gears.

The disc is affixed solid to the crankshaft. Nothing but engine RPMs will affect it's speed. The pulley drives the blade. Changing it will only change blade speed. You can take it off and throw it away and the disc will still be spinning at the same speed.