Tech or parts FAQ?

Mike88se

Threads
Is there a FAQ or tech post here that cross references things like spark plugs, oil filters etc for different machines? I wanted to buy some plugs and oil filters today but all HD had in the way of plugs was Champion and I'm partial to NGK for Japanese built engines. Did some googling and found the NGK equivilent to the Champion and found it at an auto parts house cheap. I did find a better bulk price on ebay but I wanted the plug today. I also wanted a filter I trust for the Kawa FJ engines on my mowers. I found a Purolater filter number that works. I think it'd be cool to have info like that handy. Any thoughts?

MRCo.

Threads
Well, I have NGK, Champion, Oregon OEP, etc. books that cross things to their stuff...I guess you can find out on their sites of, or google or crosses like you did. I will caution against auto parts house filters where critical like hydro systems...flow rates and micron ratings need to be exactly right for proper operation...things like that.

Mike88se

Threads
Well, I have NGK, Champion, Oregon OEP, etc. books that cross things to their stuff...I guess you can find out on their sites of, or google or crosses like you did. I will caution against auto parts house filters where critical like hydro systems...flow rates and micron ratings need to be exactly right for proper operation...things like that.
Ok, sounds great... you got the job lol. I was just thinking it would be cool if there was a search database here. Click on a brand and model and find the correct spark plug, filters, oil/gas ratios for 2 cycles etc.
Also I think there's a lot of knowledgeable folks here that could be really helpful to the less knowledgable of us without having to interrogate people for simple info like model numbers etc. ...info that they should have put in their original post ;)
And yep I've seen those oil filter dissections too ;) Amazing how crappy some filters are. You still couldn't pay me to use a Fram filter even if they have started making better quality parts.
spark plug cross reference

Spark plug cross reference
Yep, I used to use NGK site when I was into cars. It would be great to have all that info collected and easy to reference.
Probably more trouble than it's worth and this site doesn't seem real active.