recipe for hard work

LandN

Threads
Hey how about having a recipe section for our forum, kitchen specialties, outdoor grilling, after all the hard work cutting and trimming, ya gotta eat. some of the people here probably have some good quick items they like to share.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anything for crockpot works for me - Whole Chicken, Beef or Pork Roast + whatever you want to go with it Potato, Rice, Veggies.

Get it ready, Season to taste, & let it cook while working ! :thumbsup: :biggrin: :licking:

AndyMan

Threads
Here's my recipe:

Ingredients:
1 pile charcoal
1 Weber Grill
1 pile apple or cherry wood chunks
1 steak
1 plate

Instructions:
Put charcoal in grill. Light it up. Add wood and steak. Put on lid. Take off lid. Put steak on plate. Eat. Smile.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here's my recipe:

Ingredients:
1 pile charcoal
1 Weber Grill
1 pile apple or cherry wood chunks
1 steak needs to be Grazed Beef (not feed lot)
1 plate

Instructions:
Put charcoal in grill. Light it up. Add wood and steak. Put on lid. Take off lid. Put steak on plate. Eat. Smile.

Works for me ! I use a gas grill (I know some people prefer charcoal / wood - I'm just too lazy in my old age !) :wink:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anything for crockpot works for me - Whole Chicken, Beef or Pork Roast + whatever you want to go with it Potato, Rice, Veggies.

Get it ready, Season to taste, & let it cook while working ! :thumbsup: :biggrin: :licking:

Made this yesterday it's one of our favorites:

Brown 1-2 pounds of beef chuck or round in a crock pot, drain off fat. It's just as easy to brown the beef in the pot as it is to use a skillet.
Add 15 or 28 oz can of tomatoes, any type, any flavor, with juice
Add 15 oz can tomato sauce, any flavor
Add 1/2 or full package of frozen diced potatoes, any flavor
Add chopped onion, if desired
Cook on high 5-7 hrs, or Low 8-10 hours.

Top with shredded or grated cheese when serving. Also goes great over chow mein noodles, cooked rice, or any cooked pasta. There are so many ways to serve this dish...takes maybe 10-15 minutes to prepare the basic crock pot meal itself. Most of that time is stirring the beef as it browns. If you use the smaller quantities listed, a 3 or 3 1/2 qt. crock pot is fine. For the larger quantities, use a bigger one.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds good - I do the same with ground beef / sausage, tomato sauce and just put it over pasta.

Made this yesterday it's one of our favorites:

Brown 1-2 pounds of beef chuck or round in a crock pot, drain off fat. It's just as easy to brown the beef in the pot as it is to use a skillet.
Add 15 or 28 oz can of tomatoes, any type, any flavor, with juice
Add 15 oz can tomato sauce, any flavor
Add 1/2 or full package of frozen diced potatoes, any flavor
Add chopped onion, if desired
Cook on high 5-7 hrs, or Low 8-10 hours.

Top with shredded or grated cheese when serving. Also goes great over chow mein noodles, cooked rice, or any cooked pasta. There are so many ways to serve this dish...takes maybe 10-15 minutes to prepare the basic crock pot meal itself. Most of that time is stirring the beef as it browns. If you use the smaller quantities listed, a 3 or 3 1/2 qt. crock pot is fine. For the larger quantities, use a bigger one.

NickNack

Threads
These both sound good. My favorite on a cold day is a baked potato topped with chili and cheese. I don't care if it's baked in the oven, the microwave, the grill or a campfire. In scouts we used to bake potatoes in our breakfast fire then keep them in our jacket pockets to keep us warm, then eat them for lunch. Guess that's where I learned to love them.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a thing like a pot holder material that is made like a bag for you to do baked Potato in the microwave - just wash them, poke a couple holes, put in bag. & zap them. The bag contains heat and some moisture.

Any loaded potato is good. :biggrin:

mois25

Threads
This is interesting; what to eat after mowing is nothing I have ever given a serious thought. These recipes just got me into thinking things out.

BGC

Threads
The above recipes sound great may have to try the second one since I already use the first recipe. I have both a gas and charcoal grill and use them for different types of cooking. I am smoking a brisquet today.