How big is too big?

jcobo

Threads
I think I asked the wrong questions in "Replace vs Rebuild".

I have a 12hp Gravely Commercial that needs a new engine. It is a little under powered using the rototiller.

What would be the biggest Hp engine that the tractor will handle, without altering the frame etc?

Rebuilding kits are available on Ebay, I'm not a mechanic so I would have to lock myself in the garage and stay there until the job is done.

Thanks

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 12hp Gravely Commercial that needs a new engine. It is a little under powered using the rototiller.
What would be the biggest Hp engine that the tractor will handle, without altering the frame etc?
Thanks

If it's an old one......big block chevy would be sweet!:laughing:

Murry Furry

Threads
I'm a backyard machanic, and i'd say at a local hardware store you can find the briggs, and stration V-bros. twenty horse. but if i were you i would look for the brigg&stration V-bros. fourteen horse from some one you can trust. it would be much cheaper, and work very well:wink:
before i forget to ask i could help you more if you give me some info.
-whats wrong with your motor
-what type of mower are we talking about i already know that its a gravely
-what shapes your frame in
-what year is it
-could you post a couple of pitures with differing angles so i can see what i'm talking about. because they build alot of mowers a like so i'm going of the MTD, and the MTD Santar i had

Last edited: