Lawn Care pricing

Mid TN Lawn

Threads
I had a blind call last year from some property management company asking if i was interested in mowing there repos in our area said they had 85 at that time. They proceeded to tell me they pay flat rate of 25. Per cut per property and need 20 something pictures of every yard. I asked do you really get people to mow for that and there response was no problem all over country. I told them your just going to have to keep looking because we cant push paper for less than 35. Per cut and thats for weekly cuts when someone desperate for work or not works too cheap they hurt all in long run.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had a blind call last year from some property management company asking if i was interested in mowing there repos in our area said they had 85 at that time. They proceeded to tell me they pay flat rate of 25. Per cut per property and need 20 something pictures of every yard. I asked do you really get people to mow for that and there response was no problem all over country. I told them your just going to have to keep looking because we cant push paper for less than 35. Per cut and thats for weekly cuts when someone desperate for work or not works too cheap they hurt all in long run.

Ya a local company here called me this year said they wanted me to do 30 properties 20$ I asked for a list so I could check them out see if they were worth it. Most were 1/2 acre over grown weedy dusty and gross. They wanted 2 angles of each section of the lawn before and after would be about 10 pic per properties taking and sending the pictures would almost take as long as the properties I called them back and asked for 35$ at least for the first time then I would do 25 each (most were within a few blocks of each other) they said they would find someone else

Mike88se

Threads

Ya a local company here called me this year said they wanted me to do 30 properties 20$ I asked for a list so I could check them out see if they were worth it. Most were 1/2 acre over grown weedy dusty and gross. They wanted 2 angles of each section of the lawn before and after would be about 10 pic per properties taking and sending the pictures would almost take as long as the properties I called them back and asked for 35$ at least for the first time then I would do 25 each (most were within a few blocks of each other) they said they would find someone else

:thumbsup: Requiring you snap 10 to 20 pics and send/upload them is asking a lot... especially for what they are paying.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I get those calls a number of times during the year. I have two houses across the street and they get mowed about twice a week by those guys. I talked to several of guys that do those lawns and like you said they take all kinds of pictures but according to them they only get like 10$ a lawn. The thing is it doesn't cost the individual doing the cutting a dime, just his time because there supplied with everything.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I get those calls a number of times during the year. I have two houses across the street and they get mowed about twice a week by those guys. I talked to several of guys that do those lawns and like you said they take all kinds of pictures but according to them they only get like 10$ a lawn. The thing is it doesn't cost the individual doing the cutting a dime, just his time because there supplied with everything.

All that picture taking is ridiculous! I mow lawns for four appartment buildings and it takes me about 1.5 hours to mow them and drive in between them (about 5 minutes between each building is the driving time). I charge about 60$ to mow those lawns all together. They are very small lawns! A few lines and I am done. The guy sent his daughters to check my work out and they were very impressed! The rest of the summer he trusted me! Where has trust gone these days? It's lost...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The lower down the line the less you get paid.

Right now a2z holds the contract for HUD homes they pay me as a vendor $55 per house. Say I sub out 100 yards to a company for $40 per yard then they sub out 50 for $30 per yard.
On a grass cut we take 10 pics.
On a initial clean of the house and yard we take around 60 pics at $350 plus any extras I can get guys to do it for $150.

There is a company called Coast to Coast that only pays $10 for grass cuts on foreclosed homes and wants 30 pics.

Taking pics really does not take any extra time. My wife take the before pics while I unload the equipment and keeps the camera with her and takes the during while we work then takes the after while I load up.
At the end of the day we drop the SD card off with a lady and she does all the invoices for $2 each.

For someone just starting out and wants to stay busy then doing foreclosed homes for $20 is not to bad as all you do is cut , trim , blow and don't have to make it look nice just knock the grass down. Now doing a HUD home you need to get paid what you would if it was a occupied home.

This referral company is not really that bad they pay you $20 to cut a yard and get a new regular customer that most wi pay $30

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
The lower down the line the less you get paid.

Right now a2z holds the contract for HUD homes they pay me as a vendor $55 per house. Say I sub out 100 yards to a company for $40 per yard then they sub out 50 for $30 per yard.
On a grass cut we take 10 pics.
On a initial clean of the house and yard we take around 60 pics at $350 plus any extras I can get guys to do it for $150.

There is a company called Coast to Coast that only pays $10 for grass cuts on foreclosed homes and wants 30 pics.

Taking pics really does not take any extra time. My wife take the before pics while I unload the equipment and keeps the camera with her and takes the during while we work then takes the after while I load up.
At the end of the day we drop the SD card off with a lady and she does all the invoices for $2 each.

For someone just starting out and wants to stay busy then doing foreclosed homes for $20 is not to bad as all you do is cut , trim , blow and don't have to make it look nice just knock the grass down. Now doing a HUD home you need to get paid what you would if it was a occupied home.

This referral company is not really that bad they pay you $20 to cut a yard and get a new regular customer that most wi pay $30

Very true! That is why you have to try and stay at the top of the game to get the most money, but we all have to start some where. I started out with an electric trimmer and my parents lawn-boy (good mower!). Now, I got a bunch of commercial grade stuff and charge more.

Just out of curiosity, does 55$ cuts, how long do they take you

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very true! That is why you have to try and stay at the top of the game to get the most money, but we all have to start some where. I started out with an electric trimmer and my parents lawn-boy (good mower!). Now, I got a bunch of commercial grade stuff and charge more. Just out of curiosity, does 55$ cuts, how long do they take you

This time of year with the grass not growing most take less than 10 mins.
In growing season most take 30 mins. Last year with all the rain we had some took longer. With HUD you have to mow, edge, trim, and blow and no clipping.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
This time of year with the grass not growing most take less than 10 mins.
In growing season most take 30 mins. Last year with all the rain we had some took longer. With HUD you have to mow, edge, trim, and blow and no clipping.

Humm, that is pretty good money for 10-30 minutes! Way more than a dollar/minute.