Snapper 30" riding mower with 12.5 hp rear engine - 2008 model

magoo1969

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Snapper 30" riding mower with 12.5 hp rear engine - 2008 model
Only when in Park (Brake applied and locked), there is a tremendous a mount of smoke coming from underneath the rear of my mower. Smells like burning rubber!!! I thought it might be coming from the drive pulley belt. Checked it and it looked like it was twisted over on the pulley under the mower. Flipped this over, but problem persists. Belt is not hot. Tension on belt looks OK. Rubber drive tire looks ok.

When in gear and moving, I don't see any smoke coming out? Other than this everything seems to work normally.

Any ideas what to check next???

Any help will be very much appreciated

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Snapper 30" riding mower with 12.5 hp rear engine - 2008 model
WELCOME to these Forums...

Since you are seeing "a tremendous a mount of smoke coming from underneath" ... Something is getting Very Hot. If it is making smoke it IS very hot.
If I were you I would use a 'Non' contact IR thermometer... If you don't have one, get a spray bottle of water, a fine spray will instantly turn to steam when you hit an area hot enough to make smoke...
When you find What is over heating it will be easy to figure out Why it's overheating... (post back with what you find)... :smile:KennyV