Prepping for fall?

Threads
Anyone doing fall stuff yet?

Today was the second time I "raked" (with a blower) the front yard, but the first time that I put the leaves at the curb. I am the first house in the neighborhood! Not sure when the leaf truck will start to come, but I figured since it's pretty much October it should be in a few weeks.

DSCN0749.jpg DSCN0751.jpg

Also, the house is now decorated for fall!

DSCN0739.jpg

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
No but I already got my snowplow on my Sears GT3000.

metz12

Threads
ya ive had to bag while mowing with my tractor. some of the trees in my back yard are losing their leaves. i actually think i will start mowing with the bag on all the time though because the cut quality is way better with the bag for some reason. i think next season i will try to get a rubber flap and bolt it to the back of the deck so it stripes. the cut is alright as it is but i want to get some good stripes. like simplicity has a flap on the back of the deck

Threads
ya ive had to bag while mowing with my tractor. some of the trees in my back yard are losing their leaves. i actually think i will start mowing with the bag on all the time though because the cut quality is way better with the bag for some reason. i think next season i will try to get a rubber flap and bolt it to the back of the deck so it stripes. the cut is alright as it is but i want to get some good stripes. like simplicity has a flap on the back of the deck

Yeah I heard Simplicity's stripe good! :thumbsup:

possum

Threads
Your lawn looks about as tired out as mine does. Some leaves blowing around here. No frost yet, but lots of wind. Some branches going down, some locust pods falling, some walnuts. But for the most part very little growth of grass and very little of anything falling down.

Bison

Threads
It's never fall in these parts,..only two seasons here... Summer and winter and winter is just about here

I dug up the potato's and put them in storage yesterday(good thing too cause it froze hard last night)and rototilled the garden
Lawn was cut today for the last time this year(thank the Lord),..the leaves can bloody well rot were they fall for all i care.:wink:
And i cut a truckload of firewood as well,...7 more loads to go + a million other things that need doing that won't get done before the snow flies.
Ahh what the heck...I do what i can. there is always next year eh:smile:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I spent the weekend over seeding my yard with rye so it will stay green over the winter
By the time all the leaves fall it will be ready for its first cut. I will mulch the leaves.

At the end of winter as the rye starts to die I will top drees the whole yard with white sand

I don't get why people won't use the leaves to feed the grass

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Threads
Its that time of year, and I love fall.:thumbsup:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's never fall in these parts,..only two seasons here... Summer and winter and winter is just about here

I dug up the potato's and put them in storage yesterday(good thing too cause it froze hard last night)and rototilled the garden
Lawn was cut today for the last time this year(thank the Lord),..the leaves can bloody well rot were they fall for all i care.:wink:
And i cut a truckload of firewood as well,...7 more loads to go + a million other things that need doing that won't get done before the snow flies.
Ahh what the heck...I do what i can. there is always next year eh:smile:

Seems like you just finished cutting firewood....10 loads if I recall.
Highs are still in the high 80's here, lows in the low 70's.
The sun has found it's place on the southeast horizon in the am....it will get cold soon. Papayas are ripening nicely and it's almost time to pick the oranges.