Buying Advice Need a new hedge trimmer

Threads
Well my Black & Decker hedge trimmer finally bit the dust, and we need a new one....the bushed are growing quick! It will only be used a couple times a year (residential use) since I don't expect to get into hedge trimming in my business. I think I want another corded one since batteries are a pain and I would have to worry about gas going bad if I went with an Echo/Stihl gas model. Is the only reason why the corded models are close to $100 cheaper than the similar cordless models just because of all the batteries? These are the ones I am considering:

BLACK & DECKER 22 in. Corded Hedge Trimmer-HT22 at The Home Depot

--OR--

Toro 22 in. Corded Hedge Trimmer-51490 at The Home Depot

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well my Black & Decker hedge trimmer finally bit the dust, and we need a new one....the bushed are growing quick! It will only be used a couple times a year (residential use) since I don't expect to get into hedge trimming in my business. I think I want another corded one since batteries are a pain and I would have to worry about gas going bad if I went with an Echo/Stihl gas model. Is the only reason why the corded models are close to $100 cheaper than the similar cordless models just because of all the batteries? These are the ones I am considering:

BLACK & DECKER 22 in. Corded Hedge Trimmer-HT22 at The Home Depot

Toro 22 in. Corded Hedge Trimmer-51490 at The Home Depot

I bought a poulon pro hedge trimmer I use it quite a bit and it works good I think it was like 200 personally I dislike corded I always seem to chop the cord or it comes unplugged ...

Threads
I bought a poulon pro hedge trimmer I use it quite a bit and it works good I think it was like 200 personally I dislike corded I always seem to chop the cord or it comes unplugged ...

How long can the battery on a cordless last?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well yeah I figured since it was $200 but I was just curious if you knew.

I have never used cordless but I've used a lot of corded ones. I used one a couple years back it was high end one of my customers asked me to use it he gave me the machine it was quite light and a 100ft extention cord the cord had so many chop marks it was amazing it still worked. In the process of a job that would have taken 25 mins with a normal hedge trimmer I probably had to stop about 30 times to plug it in on both sides no amount of tying zip tying or aything would prevent it from unplugging. It took nearly an hr :/ so annoying

Threads
I have never used cordless but I've used a lot of corded ones. I used one a couple years back it was high end one of my customers asked me to use it he gave me the machine it was quite light and a 100ft extention cord the cord had so many chop marks it was amazing it still worked. In the process of a job that would have taken 25 mins with a normal hedge trimmer I probably had to stop about 30 times to plug it in on both sides no amount of tying zip tying or aything would prevent it from unplugging. It took nearly an hr :/ so annoying

Good point!

possum

Threads
I bought a corded type Black and Decker about 9 years ago. The first year I cut two 100 foot cords . The next year I used a pair of old fashioned hand clippers. Every year after that I took note of how long and how hard the hand clippers were in comparison and slowed way down with the electric trimmer. No more cut cords and a good job every time. For once a year work the cord is just fine for me.

Threads
Go for a gas I hate my corded moddle go for a echo hc152 :thumbsup:

If I decide on gas that's the one I'm going to get. I wish cordless ones could also fit an extension cord so if you ran out of battery you could keep on going. :rolleyes: