dixie chopper parts shortage

superdav

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Dixie chopper Excalibur 66" cut with cat diesel engine. Had trouble with not cutting low enough and oil pressure gage acting crazy. When I tried to get dealer to take care of it, they could not fix the oil gage (admittedly it was intermittent) and so I called Dixie Chopper and got them to send some washers to lower the blades. The settings on the cutting height are totally inaccurate and we need to mow the Bermuda grass low. this seemed to cure the mowing height problem. It did cause uneven mowing. Anyway, took mower in for service (WOW, never will do that again because of the filter prices) and they finally figured the oil pressure sending unit needs replacing. This was about a month or so ago and the sending unit is back ordered (STILL). My lovely little wife (small woman, BIG mower) ripped a hole in a rear tire. Ordered a new one. Dealer gave me the "it has been shipped" routine for 2 weeks. Then he tells my little wife the tire was mistakenly shipped to Memphis. I called this AM and was told the tire has been back ordered all this time but there is one in Memphis and my dealer will "try" to get it shipped here. I finally suggested they give me a tire off a new mower and then mount the one coming in on the in stock mower. they said if not in today, they will do that. One caveat, "if they have that size mower in stock". We will have to wait and see. Will keep you informed of this continuing saga. Needless to say, after using the mower and realizing the poor design of the fuel tanks (can not see the left side of the deck, so it is easy to run into things with left side of deck) I would not recommend this particular Dixie Chopper model. Also when one fuel tank runs out, the lever switch is not clearly marked (neither is a Kubota) and it does take a long time cranking to pull fuel from the full tank even when the switch is lined up correctly. Wow, guess I am not real happy with this mower.