best longest Hedge Trimmer for 7' hedge?

Freightlinerman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a stihl hs 80 hedge trimmer for 10 years without any problems. My problem is our ever growing hedge. It is 7' wide and 10' tall. What hedge trimmer is long enough to reach across the hedge from one side to trim the hedge? With my hs 80 I must cut from both sides of the hedge and I can't reach the middle anymore. I rented a stihl extended model last weekend and it would not reach al the way across the hedge. Any suggestions

mowerman05

Threads
Stihl kombi system with the extended reach hedge trimmer?

mowerman05

Threads
The stihl kombi unit has a blade about 18 to 20 inches long. the length of the overall unit is about 7 ft with a articulating head. Also available is a extention pole about 3 ft.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a stihl hs 80 hedge trimmer for 10 years without any problems. My problem is our ever growing hedge. It is 7' wide and 10' tall. What hedge trimmer is long enough to reach across the hedge from one side to trim the hedge? With my hs 80 I must cut from both sides of the hedge and I can't reach the middle anymore. I rented a stihl extended model last weekend and it would not reach al the way across the hedge. Any suggestions

With that type of hedge I think you would want an extended reach trimmer, the problem is your talking big money . The Stihl HL-90 28.4cc is $439, HL-100-K 31.4cc is $479 and the HL-100 31.4cc engine w/135 degree head is $579 I don't use a hedge trimmer all that much but I purchased the Stihl HL-45 Home series extended reach, it has the 20" blade and 26" shaft and you can easily reach your 7 ft and it runs $359 and has a 27.2cc engine.