Have to make a confession

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks - I will miss him, but he wasn't MY dog, he belonged to a friend. Jake was my fishing buddy when I went fishing in the friend's lake. I never saw a dog so intent on watching the line and so excited when a fish was brought to shore. Jazz loves fishing, but not as much as Jake did. 22.jpg Jake Fishing 1.jpg

OHHH, I am so sorry to learn that...it's so hard to lose a pet because unlike people, pets give us unconditional love and never make any unreasonable demands. They accept us as we are, no matter how flawed we are...if only people would be so forgiving and understanding.

Again, I am sincerely sorry for your loss of Jake...

mois25

Threads
I think LMF is a great forum though I tend to agree that there are a few new posts at a time. If it has been around for less than 10 months then my guess is that it is soon making great strides,

jenkinsph

Threads
I think LMF is a great forum though I tend to agree that there are a few new posts at a time. If it has been around for less than 10 months then my guess is that it is soon making great strides,

Hard to know, this seems to be an unresponsive group with the exception of about 10 to 20 members. More participation would help, sharing ideas and opinions. More pics would help but no one will keep posting if the group does not respond.

Harriet

Threads
Good gracious. Well, constructive criticism is a good thing, and honesty IS the best policy. It sounds like maybe you think the level of this forum should be mostly for lawn care professionals as opposed to everyday people? Do you think there is a place for both?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good gracious. Well, constructive criticism is a good thing, and honesty IS the best policy. It sounds like maybe you think the level of this forum should be mostly for lawn care professionals as opposed to everyday people? Do you think there is a place for both?

There is a place for everyone and anyone here, novices or pros alike. What somebody says earlier about this being an unresponsive group with the exception of 10 or 20 members...YUP, I agree. Doesn't matter to me if you have one post, 100, 1000, but if you have something to say SAY IT AND CONTRIBUTE. THANKS. :thumbsup:

jd335

Threads
I have read all the post on this topic and the only thing and the first thing that comes to mind is something i here every day @ work is you can't satisfy everyone. this is a good forrum i cannot pertisapate as much as i would like to but i work a full time job and farm to and there is just not enough hours in a day sometimes but i think as time goes on this forrum will surive i have told several friends about it. my biggest problem is i am a outdoor person and the study in my house is used mostly by my wife. i just cannot sit @a desk and type for any period of time but i will try to be more attive on the forrum cause i enjoy people who are trying to help other people and im sure i can learn alot as well.

jenkinsph

Threads

Don't know how you surmised any of us think this forum should be mostly for lawn care professionals from what I commented?

As I see it without about 20 of the top posters this place would be idle for days at a time, maybe weeks. I participate in a boating forum that posts a few replies a minute, that keeps things rolling.

jenkinsph

Threads
I have read all the post on this topic and the only thing and the first thing that comes to mind is something i here every day @ work is you can't satisfy everyone. this is a good forrum i cannot pertisapate as much as i would like to but i work a full time job and farm to and there is just not enough hours in a day sometimes but i think as time goes on this forrum will surive i have told several friends about it. my biggest problem is i am a outdoor person and the study in my house is used mostly by my wife. i just cannot sit @a desk and type for any period of time but i will try to be more attive on the forrum cause i enjoy people who are trying to help other people and im sure i can learn alot as well.

Most of us either work fulltime or run a business fulltime so we understand that drill. Don't be so humble, if you farm for a living I am sure we could learn alot from you.:thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't be so humble, if you farm for a living I am sure we could learn alot from you.:thumbsup:

I sure agree with that... the farmers that I have known were all pretty savvy folks ... and they knew how to make things work ... because they had to make things work... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I sure agree with that... the farmers that I have known were all pretty savvy folks ... and they knew how to make things work ... because they had to make things work... :smile:KennyV

One of the reasons I have developed into a jack-of-all-trades during the last two thirds of my life is because:

I'm too impatient to wait for somebody to come and fix my problem.

I'm too cheap to pay someone an inane amount of money for things I should be able to do myself.

I'm tired of paying someone for half a-- work.

And the more you learn by doing, the more you are willing to take on, and the more projects or repairs you can accomplish. I had a neighbor that lived two houses down, nice guy, quite intelligent, he came over one time while I was changing the oil on my truck, he was amazed when I told him I could do brake jobs, tune ups, etc. in addition to servicing my vehicles. He asked, "well I thought about changing my oil at one time, but I was worried I might strip the drain plug out, or something...."

I have a favorite saying, one that was authored by Henry Ford:

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right"....:thumbsup: